metalheadDad

Hornet asphalt tires.. recommendation please.

Hi folks

So my re-re Hornet needs some new shoes. The rear tires are wearing down (road and dirt use) and I'd like to get a set of tires I can use primarily on asphalt.

I bought the Tamiya hub adapters to allow usage of regular wheels... I bought a set of JConcept Goose Bump bugggy tires..but obviously these look way too big to fit the standard hornet wheels.

So...what should I do? Get a diff set of tires that fit the hornet wheels or get a new set of wheels that fit the tires?

I don't care about needing to keep the car looking stock as these are made for me to bash around with the kiddos, I'll put the OEM wheels back on for shelf queen stuff later. 😀

All advice is much appreciated thank you!

I just get another set of wheels and tyres for off road and leave the bald ones on for asphalt. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Butler said:

I just get another set of wheels and tyres for off road and leave the bald ones on for asphalt. 

Ah good Suggestion too. I've been finding it hard to find oe hornet tires. Wheels I can find.

A Pair of FAV/Rough Rider rear wheels tires will work well.

• Like 1

The Brat wheels are a direct fit, and the tires are good for road use. i use some on my Grasshopper.

Terry

• Like 1

On 7/3/2020 at 1:14 PM, Frog Jumper said:

The Brat wheels are a direct fit, and the tires are good for road use. i use some on my Grasshopper.

Terry

Thank you!

• Like 1