Bennett Ironman

Sprayed my Springs 👍

Thought I would share a successful idea I had whilst building my DT03...my kit came with the CVA Damper Hop Up which I didn't expect ....well I want to focus on a black and orange theme if I can throughout the build ..I was building the shocks up today and I was thinking 'wouldn't it look better with black springs 🤔...quick rummage around in the garage...dug out some normal car spray paint and just went for it ...so far really happy with results ....

Probably won't last forever but it looks nice and thought I would share with the Forum 

Happy spraying 😎

IMG_20200703_144840.jpg

• Like 3

Nice . I've done this a few times to make over the look or refresh the original worn out paint :)

• Like 1

Ive done that, too. Looks good and works excellent with your regular enamel. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Does this hold up under use? Maybe not rock chips etc, but does the flexing/bending cause it to peel? 

You can use an etch primer to make it adhere better to bare metal ,  but I just sprayed and so far it's fine , even on runners .

4 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

You can use an etch primer to make it adhere better to bare metal ,  but I just sprayed and so far it's fine , even on runners .

When You say just sprayed Do you sand the spring at all or just clean the spring and spray it?

If it is an old , bare metal spring then I sand , clean and spray. If it is painted,   then a clean , light sand and spray . If it is already painted and but chipped then sand to feather in , clean then spray .

• Thanks 2