Sign in to follow this  
Wetman

Bored Bored Bored!!!

In case you havent guessed I`m bored!!! Bowler has ground to a halt awaiting driver figure, Merc MF-01X is on back order, payday isnt till 2 weeks time so no chance of another kit to tide me over. And having got rid of my collection a few years ago i`ve got nowt i can fiddle with. Ah well back to watching ebay wistfully to see if there anything that pops up

1 minute ago, Wetman said:

In case you havent guessed I`m bored!!! Bowler has ground to a halt awaiting driver figure, Merc MF-01X is on back order, payday isnt till 2 weeks time so no chance of another kit to tide me over. And having got rid of my collection a few years ago i`ve got nowt i can fiddle with. Ah well back to watching ebay wistfully to see if there anything that pops up

Had my Bowler delivered Yesterday. What paint did you use on yours ? Not even decided on a chassis yet, so plenty of cutting and trimming to do here. what driver you putting in there ?

20200702_215629_resized.jpg

20200702_215639_resized.jpg

I used Hycote car acrylic car paint from the local auto discount place usually around £5 a tin ending where you go for it.  The body took one tin of primer and two tins of colour then just the clear laquer to suit. Driver figure is Tamiya`s 54416, when he decides to be in stock. Havent got a clue what colour I`m doing him yet. I was going to just use a plain 6 or 7" action figure but can i chuff find one that isnt Spiderman or Batman or or some sort of 3 headed space pirate stoner :D

Thats a cracking looking Defender in the background mind

40 minutes ago, Wetman said:

Thats a cracking looking Defender in the background mind

Thanks.

That was my 1st one in 30 odd years lol. still tinkering with it. just had some cheap wheels and tyres from china delivered so just seeing how they look. Also almost completed the VW karmann Ghia. Again trying to go with magnetic mounts instead of holes in the body. Almost there, Thanks for the info. will start the Bowler next week i think. What chassis you running your on ?

20200703_114719_resized.jpg

20200703_203349_resized.jpg

20200703_203409_resized.jpg

• Like 1

TT-02 in "higher" clearance set up. HPi 6mm offset six spoke wheels to widen it enough and some old CC-01 tyres from a Pajero I had to lift it a bit further

3 minutes ago, Wetman said:

TT-02 in "higher" clearance set up. HPi 6mm offset six spoke wheels to widen it enough and some old CC-01 tyres from a Pajero I had to lift it a bit further

Nice. Just had a TT-02 delivered yesterday as well but was planning that with the Mercedes AMG GT3 Body. May get a TT-02 s for the bowler

• Like 1

Whats the difference between an S and an E etc? And don`t say ones a vowel :D

The letter at the end typically indicates spec level or intended use. RA for rally, S for sport, RRR for really really racy, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuhas said:

May get a TT-02 s for the bowler

Worth noting that the TT02 Type-S does not have a raised configuration like the normal TT02 does, due to the fact that it uses different suspension components. That being said, it's a great chassis, just not very well suited to rally spec cars because of this difference.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DeadMeat666 said:

Worth noting that the TT02 Type-S does not have a raised configuration like the normal TT02 does, due to the fact that it uses different suspension components. That being said, it's a great chassis, just not very well suited to rally spec cars because of this difference.

******. :lol: Will have a look for a TT02 R  or similar with a 257 wheelbase, Any other recommendations ?