kneesliding

Tamiya Top Force 2005 or get a new Manta Ray?

hi

My collection seems to like growing..

And Ive seen a very well looked after Top Force from 2005 thats got a good few upgrades. 

FRP-Doppel-Deck-Chassis (53099)
- FRP-Dämpferbrücken vorn + hinten (9805393)
- Tuning-Kugeldifferential vorn + hinten (53070)
- Tuning-Antriebswelle 4WD (3485025)
- Tuning-Kardanwellen Vorn (4135028)
- Achsen-Set STAHL-Rostfrei für Radaufhängung (53098)
- Sturz und Spur Einstellbar
- 4 Öldruckstoßdämpfer (Kunststoff)

Price is good...

As far as i know... pretty much the same..

What would you guys do? 

I wasn't able to decipher the whole list of upgrades, as I know about as much German as anyone who isn't German does, which is very little. That notwithstanding, A Top Force even without upgrades is a step above a Manta Ray, but assuming that the one you're looking as is already built, I'd personally always prefer to build my own kit from the bottom up.

Are they spares, or hop ups added to the car?

only a lot of Those are standard parts on the TF

That list are the standard in improvements the TF has over the MR.

Hoe much is that kit, the only difference with the 2017 rere would be spire spike tires.

Top Force!

The Top Force is much better, they are not comparable in my opinion.

2 hours ago, kneesliding said:

Unless anyone knows of a shop that has a new Top Force available? 

I'd prefer a new model to be honest...

I have a Top Force but not a Manta Ray. I do have a few other entry level cars though which will be comparable to the Manta Ray. 

I was in the same position about 9months ago, the Manta Ray was available and the Top Force was out of stock but I didn't want the Manta Ray. Luckily for me the Top Force had another run and I was able to get that in a kit. I'm not a betting man but if I was I would bet on another run on the Top Force because Tamiya kits are out of stock everywhere right now, I think they will do another run. However, I have no way of knowing that so if you want a kit now, grab the Manta Ray. 

The Top Force is my favourite rere runner, but I bet a Manta Ray will be just as good if running is your thing. If you like the look then nothing but a Top Force will do

4 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The Top Force is my favourite rere runner, but I bet a Manta Ray will be just as good if running is your thing. If you like the look then nothing but a Top Force will do

Very well put. The Top Force has a very pretty chassis, a distinctive shell and a look all its own, so if you want it to look at as well as use, then go for the Top Force. 

However if you are after a runner, the Manta Ray doesn't need much in the way of upgrading to keep up with a Top Force, so perhaps this would be a worthwhile route? If nothing else, new plastics are likely to be less brittle than 15 year old ones. 

This is whats on offer.... think I'll just bite the bullet and go for it...

seems thers no actual indication of when the new version is available... worst case can upgrade parts... seem to be rather cheap...

Guees I'll strip it down and make it look like new... then put it on displ ;-)

918165938__57.thumb.jpg.262ddcdcf2c290f34b5dbb566498892b.jpg360177529__57(5).thumb.jpg.c7a0ef40cc4d91e43d697322fcd56656.jpg1276382500__57(4).thumb.jpg.d1adf5d21d0a58883ae7ba9f65306505.jpg1143776648__57(3).thumb.jpg.c449791180d82611d3947960d394375b.jpg1951108056__57(2).thumb.jpg.dc471dec7cbbb019c45d8e8d58fa007f.jpg851884748__57(1).thumb.jpg.1a89a2e49e3f79951719f22594cc9bba.jpg

• Like 1

150€ isnt that bad, looks like it's just dirty not much mileage.

I have a NIB 2005 for sale which comes in an original 58100 box as the 2005 got damaged, its has the spire spike tires and  a sheet of MCI evolution Decals.

16 minutes ago, waterbok said:

150€ isnt that bad, looks like it's just dirty not much mileage.

I have a NIB 2005 for sale which comes in an original 58100 box as the 2005 got damaged, its has the spire spike tires and  a sheet of MCI evolution Decals.

And how much?