Hello all,

I hope you’re all well.

So, I was gifted a King Yellow for my birthday, and I’m a little scared.  I had a long build of the Lunchie, which is still giving me a little grief.

Any, I need a fair bit of kit to start the KL (servo, receiver, transmitter, ESC, etc).

Do you guys have any recommendations?

Jay

Hi Jay, and happy birthday

Are you using a 2.4ghz radio with your Lunchbox? If that's the case (and you don't plan to run both trucks together), maybe you can just get one serve and a receiver to go.

The G6-01 chassis is a fun one, with a fair few customisation options.

One of them is that you can build it with front wheel steering or 4-wheel steering out of the box - all the steering parts are included for both configurations. You can drive this via a second servo on a Y-lead connected to your steering channel, or even better - via a switchable mix on a multi-channel radio. Some (like the Spektrum DX4S I use on mine) have built-in 4WS mixes which make setting this up very easy indeed, but any radio with mixing options ought to be able to do it.

The chassis isn't hugely demanding on the servos thanks to the geometry of the linkages, so you don't need anything fancy with heaps of torque. However it is loads of fun in mud and snow, so you may look at getting waterproof ones so your driving opportunities aren't limited by having to keep the electronics dry.

Likewise with the ESC - the good ol' 1060 is a good shout if staying with brushed motors, the WP-10BL60 worth a look if going brushless as both are waterproof.

Waterproof receivers are not available for all radio brands. I know Spektrum make them, not sure who else does I'm afraid. However it isn't hard to waterproof a receiver yourself, and if you go for Flysky or similar, receivers are almost cheap enough to be considered expendable anyway.

Other than that, and the obligatory rubber-sealed bearings, steel pinion and oil shocks, you should be good to go!

• Like 1