ACCEL

USS BLUEFISH { SS 222 }

Life Ring (saver), Are you ready?

An oil damper (shock absorber) "O" Ring................................. OMG!:lol:

Port:

sDspBdC.jpg

still need to paint periscopes, mast, radar, railings, hatches, light fixtures and grab rail ladder rungs.

Starboard:

7mElUkM.jpg

well, almost one done(working on it right now) "Shaken the bush boss" 

Two to Go!...................go.................go...................go........................go.......................go..........................go.......................go.

i'm in the sub it echo's in here:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've just had a look through all this, really impressed with your ingenuity for making details to go on this, it's the kind of detailing I would love to add to my scratch builds, but it usually takes me 3 years to get to the 'runs and drives and looks ok from 5 metres away' point, by which time I've run out of enthusiasm and move onto the next idea.

Keep on posting, I'm looking forward to the end result :)

• Thanks 1

Today at Eleven Thirty Hours was off to Just Trains for the HO & N Scale train brake wheels (for hatches and gun turrets),

then arrived at the Dollar Tree, and well, for a dollar found these hidden sunken treasures...

"Attention on deck! Some new military hardware has arrived, get these things onboard, Portholes and Elbows Gentlemen!"

Sergeant Apone All right, sweethearts, what are you waiting for? Breakfast in bed? Another glorious day in the Corps! A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm. Every meal's a banquet! Every paycheck a fortune! Every formation a parade! I *love* the Corps!

JD1u6Xc.jpg

0iZHp75.jpg

Another State of the Art Bang! Bang!

we are also looking at the capstans (details later), the roller chocks shown previously is what the lighter roller striker wheels are for.

Thin is in, had to razor blade and hobby saw some pieces.

Ok, not using the bicycle spoke, but boy oh boy looks like a periscope to me, but being used is the spoke nipple for the guns pedestal.

Until i started taking the pieces apart on this Transformer (Lil' Phillips screws) i did not realize how many more pieces i was going to use, purchased two just for the guns.

every thing looks a little silly until it's painted:ph34r:

• Like 2

7cb4tOb.jpg

These are going to be escape hatches, Bow and Stern areas (just now came across in the many tubs of scratch building supply reserves) the blue coin chips of the game photo above is what i thought i would use at first, no loss now have a fun little game to play.

ShWzLTQ.jpg

Sometimes i ask this question, rare but it happens, "Where did these come from and off what?"

Well i believe they are sewing thread spool ends for a sewing machine.

make neat front dragster wheels also:lol:

• Like 1

OK, this is where i say nothing...............................................................................................

SVrF22Z.jpg

LNzbbwg.jpg

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

OK, this is where i say nothing...............................................................................................

SVrF22Z.jpg

LNzbbwg.jpg

I think Popeye just met his match 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

well once again lookn' for something else and "Let's see what's in this tub" AH! HA!  the metal sewing machine thread spools The Escape hatches.........................

pUdrcd7.jpg

Bow:

u0r0N6Y.jpg

Stern:

2oIHeuw.jpg

• Like 3

What is the largest torpedo?
Poseidon

At more than six feet in diameter and 65 feet long, weighing perhaps a hundred tons, Poseidon is the largest torpedo ever developed, coming in at thirty times the size of a heavy torpedo. In fact, the torpedo is so big it can be carried only by specially modified submarines.Jan 18, 2019
WHAT THE@#$%^&*!............... ?
as i have been building this sub i have also been learning many things and different aspects of these great and grand submersible vessels man has made,
like also when crafting the Fat Fox Gulf i kept wondering all the Companies and Corporations of the stickers i had never heard of that came with the Fat Fox Buggyra TT-01 kit
interesting for sure, so this morning installing the deck cannon and capstans, anchor and some other details, i said to my self "what else can be made?"
A Torpedo (not 65 scale feet though).

Pen piece, tubing, plastic or brass plate from sprues and a LED Xmas light bulb socket..............now need a propeller, i'm scouring the house now:lol:, it's gotta be small. it's gotta look somewhat correct  (you notice sometimes i destroy the english language? i would have had a field day at the Tower of Babel).
so it's 2:15 PM let's see how long it takes to make a Torpedo.

• Like 1

According to my clock it's 3:43 PM

Two Spent staples for the propeller:

tvaLwfP.jpg

u3qtW1O.jpg

This is all that was used;

Pen press tip ( Front nose)

Xmas Light socket (rear end housing)

plastic tubing (middle section)

Brass sprue (Fins)

Pin (Prop shaft)

staples (Propeller)

CA glue and paint

• Like 2

Rear dive planes and rudder, notice the rubber clear tubing? Manual says to keep a level running depth adjust rear down planes in a down angle.

The tubes help press outward when slid into position (they are really snug and tight fitting).

some JBW for the dive plane barss tube connection and Tire CA glue for the rudder plastic hinge (with the fabric material on it, same as what is used for ailerons and rudders for RC air planes)...

jTc62kA.jpg

whPlYQA.jpg

now i'd like to take the time to thank my gun vise for help holding this project in place.

again in the moment, "What in tarnation am i going to use to hold this sub in place to finish it and still have two hands to manipulate this seafaring weapon"? 

• Like 1

well it looks as though the crew arrived from shore leave and brought us a photo of themselves aboard The HMS Victory.

"Welcome aboard gentlemen, please report to Capt' Smalls for your assignments, there's still some work to do".

xdmYjhl.jpg

Old stock from Germany (Merten)

“Aye, aye Cap’n”

Whats a Pirates favourite letter?

You would think it be ‘R’ but they prefer the ‘C’

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Re-Bugged said:

“Aye, aye Cap’n”

Whats a Pirates favourite letter?

You would think it be ‘R’ but they prefer the ‘C’

only someone from Australia would know that,

That was funny, just when ya think you heard them all:D

Good Form Mate!

it's fun how many movies, books, stories and songs are about the sea and the people that sailed them, so many things go through my head building this sub, so bring on some more:D

• Like 1

b4g64GK.jpg

NbdTtr7.jpg

lGEX1j2.jpg

They have 1:700 scale figures and i thought Z Scale was small dang i'll just pretend they're all inside:lol:

• Like 1