ACCEL

USS BLUEFISH { SS 222 }

The Bell, earring post holder push back

ykDXCvK.jpg

Early War:

L3BAGo4.jpg

Two down, one to go......................................................

i just could have not known how much fun i would have missed with out three different sails included in the kit (i thought there was only one when i had purchased it and read no place about the other two).

different is good, would've been thrilled with one.

• Like 1

Rear stuffing tube grease fill port, cap fits snug wonderfully, it's a pen end plug from BIC.

TxzH9VZ.jpg

Dive Plane Control Arm:

WC2HZdg.jpg

The bow opening end is 1 1/2" wide going closer to the middle about 1 3/4" wide tapering down back to the stern 7/8",

not too much room to play in, and the waterproof hatch is even less room in the center portion of the hull (Pic's later)

it ain't pretty, but the bulk heads do not leak.

best i could do with the Model Masters Metalizer Exhaust Buffing paint applied with a fan brush.

kit comes with pre-cut smaller front dive planes (not used here) on plans with left over material i traced and cut out the larger dive planes to dive quicker...

DsKVnlE.jpg

some of the deck hatches are KEYS from my laptop computer, no i will not paint them, their finish is too nice for me to screw it up with paint.

somethings things are better left alone in the scratch build arena.

Please take notice of the left and right small Cogs, those are from the centers of striker wheels of cigarette lighters , used these in my train bone yard also and rust weathered them.

• Like 1

A Cleat, one of seven, N Scale Track Rail, cut angles and all are about 8mm long... No paint here, look better perhaps, they are made with nickle they can't rust, Eric says "Leave'm be!"

769XVED.jpg

Servo's Say, "Installed!"

ESC is a Hobbywing QUICRUN 880 Brushed, oh, that makes it nice.....................................................

q3O1ZqL.jpg

• Like 1

Well it's almost complete, waiting for brass tubing for motor spline shaft adapters, i did not notice the sizing on the motor shaft, it is too small diameter for the drive dog coupling shaft hole, there's too much play.

Looking fantastic 😃 Love that camo paint job. Going by its size I think there is a spelling mistake in the name it should have been named USS Blue Whale.

You might have to get a bigger Freezer as well to store the 8 tonnes of Krill a day to feed it. 

• Haha 1

Welp, working on the bulkhead areas and turning the sub side to side fishing for angles to work on the crowded and minimal space provided the sub (perhaps it engaged a large mammal in the sea, or an enemy torpedo, yeah, that's what happen)..........................................................................

8hCe5cq.jpg

as i had previously read in the manual (but chose to use what was provided, and knew better) stated .020 Brass sheet instead of their plastic.

So some Dremeling and the Ol' trusty stash of lap top aluminum beautiful anodized black finish material.............................................................

rRDk7Cl.jpg

I'll wait and JB Weld later.....................................

ktaI78w.jpg

• Like 2

NOdx12Q.jpg

the so called drive dog is only spring steel wire pins, eventually i'll install metal collar drive dogs and find some different props.

• Like 2

Program esc, install WP hatch and lead ballast and then water test and then Bon Voyage...

DMUXT9n.jpg

Here's 5 Ways You Can Spot a Sinking Ship – Finance Monthly | Monthly  Finance News Magazine

• Like 1
  • Haha 2