Newsh

Re-release schedule/predictions post lockdown?

Other than the rumour of the Novafox being rere’d again in September, do we know what other releases Tamiya had scheduled or rumoured for 2020?

I’m don’t know what restrictions were in place where Tamiya kits are manufactured, but it’s safe to assume production will have been halted for a good while

With lockdown measures being ease in certain countries, I’m wondering if we'll start to see some more information coming through on rere kits? 

Nothing particularly exciting, but some kits are getting re-released. It might be more correct to call it "another production run", considering that most haven't been discontinued for so long and are returning with their original item numbers. They have all been discontinued though, so technically, I guess they are re-releases. In addition to the Novafox and the 58578 Capri, which is just out:

47326 TT-02R Chassis Kit
47372  Subaru Impreza WRC Mexico 04 (TT-01E announced, but some sources indicate it will be on the TT-02 instead of the original release's TT-01E. I think it's unlikely, but I'm not certain)
47429  Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2008 (TT-01E)
58591 Renault Alpine A110 Monte-Carlo '71 (M06S)

Stretching the re-release definition a bit further, I guess the Super (Storm) Dragon can be considered a re-release too:

47438 Off-Road Racer Super Storm Dragon (Hornet Chassis)

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Newsh said:

I’m don’t know what restrictions were in place where Tamiya kits are manufactured, but it’s safe to assume production will have been halted for a good while

I had an email from Fusion Hobbies in the UK updating me on an order I’d placed in May. They said delivery from their distributor would be delayed again, because, and I quote “the Super Hotshots have been put back by Tamiya Japan to the 4th August, due to only having 60% of staff left at their depot in Malaysia because of Coronavirus.”

• Like 3

On 7/29/2020 at 7:02 PM, Norco Kid said:

How sure are we that the Novafox is getting another run? Would love to pick one up..

It has been confirmed independently by many credible sources, including several Tamiya distributors, so I would say it's dead certain. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

It has been confirmed independently by many credible sources, including several Tamiya distributors, so I would say it dead certain. :)

Well that sounds good to me!

On 7/5/2020 at 4:13 AM, Newsh said:

Other than the rumour of the Novafox being rere’d again in September, do we know what other releases Tamiya had scheduled or rumoured for 2020?

With lockdown measures being ease in certain countries, I’m wondering if we'll start to see some more information coming through on rere kits? 

Vintage Tamiya Fox Astute Avante Frog S10 Lunch Box Wild Willy Brat Posters LOOK

I would like one please.

• Like 2

I STILL want to see a re-re King Cab - with possibly updated Gearbox (READ: less fragile)!! 😁

And a King Blackfoot while we're at it. Prices on those have soared well above what they're worth. We need to get some of the 90's Car Kits back in check...

• Like 1

What I would REALLY REALLY REALLY love is a Bush Devil! My first Tamiya, although I got it used. I would buy 3 of those right away.

• Like 3

Well, I'm probably alone here, and I appreciate, it's pretty unlikely, but I'd like a rere Cheetah. For no other reason than it was the first Tamiya RC I ever saw, I was about 8 yrs old when dad bought a kit back one evening and built it up.  Running that thing around the back garden brings back many fond memories.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, thegorf said:

Well, I'm probably alone here, and I appreciate, it's pretty unlikely, but I'd like a rere Cheetah. For no other reason than it was the first Tamiya RC I ever saw, I was about 8 yrs old when dad bought a kit back one evening and built it up.  Running that thing around the back garden brings back many fond memories.

That would be very cool and since they did the XR311 the chassis is available.

• Like 2

Any NovaFox news/schedule/anticipated arrival?

Kyosho is having a hard enough time keeping up with demand for its existing offerings, but a boy can dream, right?

3 minutes ago, Mrowka said:

Any NovaFox news/schedule/anticipated arrival?

Kyosho is having a hard enough time keeping up with demand for its existing offerings, but a boy can dream, right?

Tamiya USA already has stock. So not long now for other regions.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hobbimaster said:

Tamiya USA already has stock. So not long now for other regions.

Yeah I find it odd that TamiyaUSA has them in stock already (at typical extortion prices) but nobody else does?  And what is with Tower hobbies not ever carrying it?  

37 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

Yeah I find it odd that TamiyaUSA has them in stock already (at typical extortion prices) but nobody else does?  And what is with Tower hobbies not ever carrying it?  

Tower did have it the last release, that's where I bought mine from a few years ago. If I remember correctly, with coupon codes, I paid around $150 for it. Maybe send TH customer service a message, and ask if they will be getting in the new batch. I don't see why not since they have had every release so far. Otherwise, RCmart would be my next stop.

3 minutes ago, Hobbimaster said:

Tower did have it the last release, that's where I bought mine from a few years ago. If I remember correctly, with coupon codes, I paid around $150 for it. Maybe send TH customer service a message, and ask if they will be getting in the new batch. I don't see why not since they have had every release so far. Otherwise, RCmart would be my next stop.

Not a bad idea.  Just seems like Tower is not carrying a few of the popular models.  No Top Force. No more Super Astute. No Novafox.  No egress. Maybe some emails will persuade them.  You can't beat their coupons and free shipping.  Imagine how much business they would have instead of people buying from HK/China.

On 7/31/2020 at 3:04 PM, Nick G said:

That would be very cool and since they did the XR311 the chassis is available.

I can’t see why not for the Cheetah, they have brought back the chassis and only need to tweak the torsion bars. And if they wanted to I’m assuming they could re mould the body kit, unless something has happened to the moulds. But I’m with you on this one. Bring back the Cheetah.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, A-Baum said:

Yeah I find it odd that TamiyaUSA has them in stock already (at typical extortion prices) but nobody else does?

I will stand up for TamiyaUSA in this case. They typically set their prices high to avoid hurting the sales of LHS and such. They are kinda meant to be the last possible choice to get a kit if its sold out everywhere else. I agree its bothersome Tower doesn't have it though. Tower just doesn't seem to have the same speed of inventory they used to before the the Horizon buyout. They owed ALOT of money to alot of companies but I figured after the buyout, things would level off. They still seem to get things in slowly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saito2 said:

I will stand up for TamiyaUSA in this case. They typically set their prices high to avoid hurting the sales of LHS and such. They are kinda meant to be the last possible choice to get a kit if its sold out everywhere else. I agree its bothersome Tower doesn't have it though. Tower just doesn't seem to have the same speed of inventory they used to before the the Horizon buyout. They owed ALOT of money to alot of companies but I figured after the buyout, things would level off. They still seem to get things in slowly.

I totally get protecting the local hobby stores.  So why aren't isn't TUSA the last to get inventory?  Why did they get Novafox well before anyone else in the states did (I'm assuming).  I don't see it for sale anywhere else. 

Just now, A-Baum said:

So why aren't isn't TUSA the last to get inventory?  Why did they get Novafox well before anyone else in the states did (I'm assuming).  I don't see it for sale anywhere else. 

Oh, I totally agree. I don't understand it myself. This isn't the typical stock situation I've seen in the past. Chalk it up to the strange times we're in I guess(?)

46 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

I totally get protecting the local hobby stores.  So why aren't isn't TUSA the last to get inventory?  Why did they get Novafox well before anyone else in the states did (I'm assuming).  I don't see it for sale anywhere else. 

Tamiya USA is the importer to the states from Japan. TUSA will get the kits first, then distribute them to the various vendors across the states. You should see the Novafox show up soon at other places such as Amain hobbies, possibly Horizon, Planet R/C, and RPP hobbies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎31‎/‎2020 at 3:22 PM, Rb4276 said:

Optima mid and turbo ultima

Yeah, but in a Tamiya box :ph34r:  Optima Mid gets the trophy for best buggy design  of all time in my book. Easy to put together, gear diffs, efficient gear drive to the rear axle and then simple belt drive to the front. Nothing over-engineered or overcomplicated, unlike the madness of modern buggy design which have multiple belt drives just to get the motor in the centre of the car. So lets see a Tamiya version :D 

• Like 2

I missed out on the re re of the Boomerang And Thunder Shot. Hope they re re re it again. Wishing for a Falcon,  Super Sabre and Mad Cap. 

• Like 1