Newsh

Re-release schedule/predictions post lockdown?

22 hours ago, MadInventor said:

Yeah, but in a Tamiya box :ph34r:  Optima Mid gets the trophy for best buggy design  of all time in my book. Easy to put together, gear diffs, efficient gear drive to the rear axle and then simple belt drive to the front. Nothing over-engineered or overcomplicated, unlike the madness of modern buggy design which have multiple belt drives just to get the motor in the centre of the car. So lets see a Tamiya version :D 

My dad and I raced an original Optima Mid back in the day and it loved it . I hav ergo agree,

Great timeless design. Simple test effective.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dakratfink said:

My dad and I raced an original Optima Mid back in the day and it loved it . I hav ergo agree,

Great timeless design. Simple test effective.

I Raced Buggies for Team Associated at that time... Went up against a few Optimas. It is a brilliant, simple Design!! I hope to be able to get one.

Sitting quietly in the corner, muttering "Super Champ / Fighting Buggy / Super Champ / Fighting Buggy" you get the idea. Not holding my breath.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, c64orinoco said:

Sitting quietly in the corner, muttering "Super Champ / Fighting Buggy / Super Champ / Fighting Buggy" you get the idea. Not holding my breath.

I stupidly sold two that I had and they dried up before I realized I really shouldn't have.  Fingers crossed for another run at some point soon!

• Sad 1

My bets are on the Falcon making a return. It is conspicuous by its absence so far and with a few basic improvements, will make a great retro runner....bring it on!

Cheers

Kurt

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Beetlemankurt said:

My bets are on the Falcon making a return. It is conspicuous by its absence so far and with a few basic improvements, will make a great retro runner....bring it on!

Cheers

Kurt

The Falcon has been a very popular theory, MANY people want it - WITHOUT the exploding front Suspension! 😖 

Of course, if Tamiya doesn't bother improving the notorious weak spots....  @Pintopower has got the perfect structural improvements! Alberto has designed both front and rear Sub Chassis Braces, that WORKS.

On 9/12/2020 at 11:50 AM, c64orinoco said:

I'm with you here, I missed out on the original run of the Fighting Buggy and been kicking myself ever since. Seen a few ebay resales for stupid money, would welcome another production run and won't dither about it this time. 

• Like 2

Anyone know why there no (known to me) options for 2011 Avante pre-orders in the US?  The only one that comes up in a search is rc mart?  I'm not experienced with RC preorders but it would seem that if you can pre-order the VQS then why not the Avante?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 426Purplefish said:

Anyone know why there no (known to me) options for 2011 Avante pre-orders in the US?  The only one that comes up in a search is rc mart?  I'm not experienced with RC preorders but it would seem that if you can pre-order the VQS then why not the Avante?

The VQS is a new rere yet to be released. The Avante is just basically manufacturing more of an already released re re.  You should be able to backorder one though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 426Purplefish said:

I'm having a lot of trouble with some of the new rereleases.  I was able to back order the VQS but I reached out about a Novafox and Horizon is saying that it's discontinued.  Meanwhile Tamiyausa has them in stock with zero phone support and my LHS is reluctant to use email to communicate (he is pretty old school).  There are no real options for me except direct to Tamiyausa which is full MSRP.  I'm going to have to push my LHS, but it's a total pain to need to do it just to spend money.

1 hour ago, tamiya3speed said:

I'm having a lot of trouble with some of the new rereleases.  I was able to back order the VQS but I reached out about a Novafox and Horizon is saying that it's discontinued.  Meanwhile Tamiyausa has them in stock with zero phone support and my LHS is reluctant to use email to communicate (he is pretty old school).  There are no real options for me except direct to Tamiyausa which is full MSRP.  I'm going to have to push my LHS, but it's a total pain to need to do it just to spend money.

I would just be a little patient.  Tamiya is just ramping up manufacturing and they are putting out kits as fast as possible.  We know the Novafox is not discontinued.  Just the opposite.  But I’ve been waiting months for kits that keep getting pushed back at Tower.  I ordered a Wild One in early June and the date has been pushed from late June to late July to currently late October.  The kits will come in.  

• Like 1

They've got the Monster Beetle and Blackfoot Rere going along with the Brat so where is the Mudblaster Rere?  I'm all about the trucks and monster vehicles so sign me up for a Rere Monster Racer/King cab, Juggernaut, and TXT-1.  I've got a NIB Agrios and it is awful compared to the TXT just in overall looks.  I can't bring myself to build it because it's so ugly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, joelshop said:

They've got the Monster Beetle and Blackfoot Rere going along with the Brat so where is the Mudblaster Rere?  I'm all about the trucks and monster vehicles so sign me up for a Rere Monster Racer/King cab, Juggernaut, and TXT-1.  I've got a NIB Agrios and it is awful compared to the TXT just in overall looks.  I can't bring myself to build it because it's so ugly.  

Get in line for the King cab.  Starts right behind me :)

As for Mud Blaster, maybe they aren't re-re every single iteration of each chassis.  Maybe, just my thought.  Or maybe it didn't sell that well when it was originally released?  We do have 4-5 kits with the ORV chassis.  You could easily build a mud blaster I think.  Not quite the same as a NIB kit, but close enough for some.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/5/2020 at 4:13 AM, Newsh said:

Other than the rumour of the Novafox being rere’d again in September

all i hear is crickets

Jiminy Cricket/Gallery | Disney Fanon Wiki | Fandom

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, joelshop said:

Take the Brat Lexan body rear body posts, fit them to your MB chassis add the Brat hard body and Hey Presto 😉

4F2D23E0-DC4D-4C52-BB60-CC75793E0882.md.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Re-Bugged said:

Take the Brat Lexan body rear body posts, fit them to your MB chassis add the Brat hard body and Hey Presto 😉

4F2D23E0-DC4D-4C52-BB60-CC75793E0882.md.

Is this yours Re-Bugged?

You Brat!

That Gun Metal Grey is very tough machine looking for sure.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ACCEL said:

Is this yours Re-Bugged?

You Brat!

That Gun Metal Grey is very tough machine looking for sure.

It is indeed 😁, I was playing around with the bits and pieces between my Brat, Black Edition Monster Beetle and Blackfoot.

The body is painted Holden (GM) Prussian Steel automotive paint.

The dark grey (sorry gray) chassis rails from the black edition MB would look good on a custom Frog build too don’t ya think?

• Like 4

On 7/29/2020 at 10:06 AM, Mokei Kagaku said:

It has been confirmed independently by many credible sources, including several Tamiya distributors, so I would say it's dead certain. :)

Please tell your sources to have Tamiya do another run of the 47304 😔... I’ve recently been feeling a void in my SRB line up and Super Champ fits the bill 🙂

• Like 2

I'd love to see the Kyosho Big Brute get the re-re treatment. Years ago I had one in great shape and stupidly traded it away.

• Like 1

I just looked at redrc and almost got my breath stuck. A Kyosho optima mid. After a short adrenalin increase I realized it: not a 1:10 buggy, but Mini Z. What a pity...

• Haha 3

On 9/19/2020 at 10:00 AM, mtn bkr said:

I'd love to see the Kyosho Big Brute get the re-re treatment. Years ago I had one in great shape and stupidly traded it away.

Now that would be great . 

Vintage-Kyosho-1-10-Scale-RC-Car-Crusher-Big.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/1/2020 at 3:46 AM, Reedydriver said:

I just looked at redrc and almost got my breath stuck. A Kyosho optima mid. After a short adrenalin increase I realized it: not a 1:10 buggy, but Mini Z. What a pity...

Those Mini Z s  always fools me too -:lol:

Bit of a forward view, but 2021 will mark the 25th anniversary of the introduction of the TA03 chassis, which was released in June 1996 with the 58177 TA03F Pro. I wonder if Tamiya might release a hopped up double-deck version of a TA03 kit next year to mark this anniversary, just like they did with the TA02SW Porsche 934 Jaegermeister 40th, and subsequently the black anniversary version. The TA02 anniversary releases were preceded by Tamiya releasing a TA02SW standard chassis with Porsche body, and of course Tamiya released a TA03RS standard kit in the last year, again with a Porsche body. Maybe the pattern will repeat, and a TA03 anniversary kit is in the pipeline!

• Like 2

On 10/2/2020 at 6:13 PM, Mirrorman said:

Now that would be great . 

Vintage-Kyosho-1-10-Scale-RC-Car-Crusher-Big.jpg

This like the kyosho version of midnight pumpkin ?