Gazzalene

Help with 25/35kg servo choice please

Need 2 servos for a Axial smt10.  I was about to order two  35kg HD3235sg servos. A Youtube vid showed these bench tested and only reached 23kg at highest voltage.

On the same vid POWER HD 20kg servos reached the full 20kg with ease.

The power hd`s  are £28 each , the HD3235`s are £19 each and still pull 3 kg more.

But the over stated performance makes me wonder if the manufacture can be trusted.

Any advice or info would be great. Had luck with other makes from ebay but with Covid shipping times are awful. The above servos are from uk.

My experience with Power HD 23kg servos has been fantastic. According to at least one review, the Power HD 20kg servo is just as strong if not a little more so than the stated 20kg. You can see where I'm going with this :)

Power HD it is then.

Before I read your reply, I thought I would move servo`s around to get the two I need for now, then the two new ones can replace the scavenged ones.

The two I scavenged were by chance DS 3225kgs I got from ebay and do you know what,i think ones a fake! slight differences and sounds diff also. So Power HD from a UK shop for me.

There are many servos claiming to have high torque and faster speeds but many of them have false claims. PowerHD, SPT and JX are three brands I rely on and are true to their specs. They even out-perform brands like Savox and Futaba for half the price. And some even have full aluminum casing.

I'm also using a PowerHD 20kg in my CC-01 by the way.

1 hour ago, Nicadraus said:

There are many servos claiming to have high torque and faster speeds but many of them have false claims. PowerHD, SPT and JX are three brands I rely on and are true to their specs. They even out-perform brands like Savox and Futaba for half the price. And some even have full aluminum casing.

I'm also using a PowerHD 20kg in my CC-01 by the way.

Interesting that you rely on those brands and find them better than futaba or savox. Do you have the better quality ones in their range, or do you mean the cheap ones too? The JX 4009MG is far better than a Futaba S3003 for 2/3s the price, but I would expect a Savox 1251MG to be better? Or is that me falling into the 'its more expensive so must be better' trap?

Do you have a model that would compare to the Savox 1258TG? Thats my favourite in my race cars, if I can get an equivalent one for half the price I will convert my sons cars to them instead of the 1251MG

Interesting..  two weeks ago, I ordered 4 DSSERVO DS3225 25KG servos (because of price) and intend to replace a few cars which currently use Futaba S3003 servos.  This thread makes me investigate a bit more (I know.. should have done before purchasing but..) and read all reviews about them. I'm curious to see what results others may have with similarly priced servos as well.

3 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Interesting that you rely on those brands and find them better than futaba or savox. Do you have the better quality ones in their range, or do you mean the cheap ones too? The JX 4009MG is far better than a Futaba S3003 for 2/3s the price, but I would expect a Savox 1251MG to be better? Or is that me falling into the 'its more expensive so must be better' trap?

Do you have a model that would compare to the Savox 1258TG? Thats my favourite in my race cars, if I can get an equivalent one for half the price I will convert my sons cars to them instead of the 1251MG

Yes this one.

Advantages over the Savox are: Lighter, faster speed, full aluminum casing, low profile, high voltage capable, cheaper ($58-60)

qcBPegcl.jpg

OHW8Xczl.jpg

I wrapped the red part with CF decal.

1EQYqhLl.jpg

PowerHD L12HV

Specification:

• Torque(6.0V): 9.0 kg-cm (125.0 oz/in)
  • Torque(7.4V): 12.0 kg-cm (166.6 oz/in)
  • Speed: 0.07 sec (6.0V) │ 0.06 sec (7.4V)
  • Operating Voltage:6.0 ~ 8.4 DC Volts
  • Weight: 52.0 g (1.83 oz)
  • Bearing Type:Ball Bearing x 2
  • Motor Type:Coreless Motor
  • Gear Type:Titanium & Alu
  • Casing: Full aluminum
  • Operating Temperature:-20℃~60℃
  • Working frequence:1520μs / 333hz
  • Size:40.0 x 20.0 x 26.4 mm

Savox1285TG

Specifications: 

• Speed @ 6.0V: 0.08 sec/60°
  • Torque @ 6.0V: 166 oz-in / 12 kg-cm
  • Weight: 52.4g
  • Bearing: Dual
  • Type: Standard
  • Gear: Titanium and Aluminum
  • Case: Aluminum Heatsink
  • Output Shaft: 25T Spline (Futaba)
  • Case Size (LxWxH): 40.3x20x37.2mm
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

The SPT 4412LV is about the same spec as the 1251MG. But only costs $12-13.

TQFjFbgl.jpg

X0iVYy3l.jpg

https://sea.banggood.com/SPT-Servo-SPT4412LV-12KG-Digital-Servo-Large-Torque-Metal-Gear-Short-Body-For-RC-Airplane-Car-Boat-p-1382838.html?rmmds=buy&cur_warehouse=CN

This one is faster than the JX and has aluminum casing too.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2020 at 7:29 PM, Gazzalene said:

But the over stated performance makes me wonder if the manufacture can be trusted.

The Alturn race servo specs are better than the Futaba brushless servo specs, for speed anyway, so did a vid to test.