Sign in to follow this  
barnettgs

Smooth acceration with Tamiya TBLE-02s ESC?

Somehow for no reason, forward/reverse motion with this ESC has just stopped working but the steering was fine so I had to set ESC up following the instruction manual.

However, moving off seemed to be a bit jerky at low throttle input, rather than smooth? I don't recall seeing it like that before it stopped working?

It could be that one of your sensor wires isn't making proper contact. Perhaps check that all the contacts in both plugs are fully inserted?

It is with Tamiya stock motor which is brushed. I checked the cables and they are all seemed ok. Although I could do pull out receiver plugs and put them back in...however, the fact remains that it stopped working a few months since new.

I suppose ESC might be faulty if car doesn't move with tiny throttle input, just a bit more and it jerks off.

Ah, thought you were running brushless. If it is doing this with a brushed motor, it may be the motor itself at fault - possibly a sticky brush. Do you have another one to swap test with perhaps?

Yes, although I have the spare, I'll try the motor on other car tomorrow, which has the same ESC so it should give me idea how it normally runs.

11 hours ago, TurnipJF said:

Ah, thought you were running brushless. If it is doing this with a brushed motor, it may be the motor itself at fault - possibly a sticky brush. Do you have another one to swap test with perhaps?

Just tested other car motor and it is also jerky. Re-connect other motor back to its own ESC, a bit smoother and less jerky.

But the issue remains: Is that a normal behavour of TBLE-02s?  If not, I will have to contact Tamiya about this. 

Just digging a bit about this ESC, there seems to be some reliability issues with it. I guess some people have good reasons not to use it so I think it's not worth the bother to contact Tamiya, just get it replaced with different ESC like Hobbywing 1060.

• Like 1

I'm using one of these in my S-10.  It is definitely more jerky at low input than the 105 i'm using in my Scorcher but it's not too bad to be undriveable or anything.  So maybe some jerkiness is to be expected with this ESC?  The braking is a million times better than the 105 however so i forgive it.  I know folks rate the 1060 but all were out of stock when i needed it so i went with the TBLE-02S.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChrisHGTV said:

I'm using one of these in my S-10.  It is definitely more jerky at low input than the 105 i'm using in my Scorcher but it's not too bad to be undriveable or anything.  So maybe some jerkiness is to be expected with this ESC?  The braking is a million times better than the 105 however so i forgive it.  I know folks rate the 1060 but all were out of stock when i needed it so i went with the TBLE-02S.  

Thanks, I guess it's the normal with TBLE-02S.  It is still jerky (Just found out that they call it "cogging" if that is the right word to use) on flat surface but when I put it on the slope, to climb up, it isn't too bad as I would have thought so.

Interesting thing is that TBLE-02S instruction manual says to switch throttle input to 'Reverse' and then set up ESC...I tried that, it didn't make much difference... :unsure:

Im a hobbywing convert, I used to wrongfully tink they were chinese garbage.  Ive got their high end and entry level stuff. ALl easy to use, can use their programer with, and are affordable.  

Sorry I couldnt help specificly, but hobby wing eliminates ALOT of troubles.