Flare65

Weird clicking from Hornet gearbox

Newly built Hornet and I'm getting a weird clicking sound out of the gearbox.  I've tried a different motor and its doing the same thing.  Using the stock pinion gear.

Cant figure out how to insert the video directly into this message post, but here is a link to a video of it..

https://youtu.be/qV33GzWqAJA

Any ideas?  I've never heard a Hornet gearbox sound like this. 

P.S.  How do I add the video directly to a message on this fourm?

Sounds like you have a damaged gear. I'd take the gearbox apart and check the gears to make sure they don't have any tooth damage anywhere.

Make sure part BD3 is fitted in step 1. It's easy to overlook.

The pinion looks to be a long way out , are you sure it isn't rubbing the gearbox opening there . Also you haven't fitted the motor cover and just holding the motor with one bolt . The bolt might be going into the motor too far and under torque the motor could be shifting as it isn't bolted in on both sides

11 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

The pinion looks to be a long way out , are you sure it isn't rubbing the gearbox opening there . Also you haven't fitted the motor cover and just holding the motor with one bolt . The bolt might be going into the motor too far and under torque the motor could be shifting as it isn't bolted in on both sides

I agree. Sounds like the motor screw is too far into the motor and catching on the rotor