Sign in to follow this  
Tudorp

wheel/Tire delima

Ok guys (and gals). I just got in a set of tires/wheels I bought on ebay from china. I like them fine, but not sure if they are the right ones for my "Son Of Willy".  I am on the fence really. Which wheel/tire combo do you like better? The the more aggressive twice as wide tire? Or the same diameter, but narrower tire? Also, the wheels come in play also. The wider tires makes SOW look more aggressive, and much more stable due to width. But, the thinner tires might be fun too. I like them both for different reasons, but not sure which I want to keep on it. 

06262020b.jpg

07062020a.jpg

for me, I think it's the colour of the rims in picture 2 which spoil it. If you were to paint them, say white or olive, then I think you could have a winning look there.

I agree. I plan to paint them dark olive like the ones in picture one. I just slapped them on when I got them in.  

Per your input I do think this looks much better. I painted them with a dark olive (darker olive than the body) and it looks much better, taking the "plastic" look out of them. I also painted the faux beadlock ring a gold (brass) color to give them a little contrast. They look much better. Here is Son of Willy with Dad. 

07092020b.jpg

I just put a better picture on the post, along with Dad (1st Gen SWB WW). I think I like it with the new shoes now.