Sign in to follow this  
chib1977

Some love for the Amarok

https://imgur.com/a/ecBW9zj

Took my new built CC-01 on a bash in the local wood ,my amarok is stock with the exception of a brushless 13.5T motor and water proof esc, didn't lock the diffs and honestly this climbed some serious obsticles ,better infact than me (slippery), yes it goes like a stabbed rat and there are some cogging issues at launch but overall im well pleased with it.

So i know im breaking the taboo with the motor ,but i consider it more "extreme offroad" than crawler and on tarmac it practically skims the ground, grinning like a loon at 6:30am in an abandonded swimming baths car park ,what could possibly go wrong!!.

• Like 2

I think I'm in the minority but I like that shell. Looks like you have found your sweet spot for the CC-01!

Ye, loving it, a few questions though, it feels like it needs a bit more 'weight', does adding alloy parts make a difference to this? Should i go the wheel weight route, or is it the stock suspension thats too rigid? .

Even when im taking it slow it tends to bounce alot instead of riding over even light detrious, just want to try to nail down the handling a bit so its less 'springy' if possible.

I'm no CC-01 expert, I'm afraid. Wheel weights are an option but the crawler fraternity would likely suggest staying away from adding rotational mass but add to axles, hubs, etc. Whether wheel weights would be too much of a hinderance to a brushless motor I don't know.

There are optional springs for the CC-01, including barrel springs which could be used to adjust the suspension. Hopefully someone with more CC-01 knowledge will chime in soon...

If you've not done it already, fill the rear bumper area with hot glue - When climbing, the rear bumper has no protection from the terrain and that area is quite thin lexan, especially around the number plate recess.
If you're execting any speed, don't weight the wheels. Add the weight around the chassis, but as low as possible - the increase to the sprung mass will affect the suspension action whereas weighting the wheels will lower the centre of gravity but is unlikely to stop the bouncing.

Fill the clear area, after painting

img169_13032016150752_7_1100_.jpg

• Like 1

Took it out last night to a quiet back road to give it some full throttle, fantastic fun and it also did well on the bumpy layby, but also notice the bodyshell was starting to catch the back wheel on one side, just assumed it had become wonky due to a few rolls...turns out one of the spring retainers from the strut had gone bye bye, so until i get some cash its now been shelved, there any good aftermarket shocks that are good replacements for the stock shocks ?.