Sign in to follow this  
nginsb

Super Hotshot Front Uprights

So my 3 year old decided that manually steering the front wheels of my Re-Re Super Hotshot was great fun, think he liked the sound of the servo crying to be saved. All good an well until the left front upright knuckle snapped at the point where the steering arm screws in to one of the three holes - maybe a bit of a weak point, or maybe just not designed to be tested by little hands.

So now am looking at replacement parts, I can order the complete Hotshot D Part set (part 10005116) or have found just the upright set for the Boomerang, Hotshot, Manta Ray, Top Force (part 10445098). These parts are a little different though - the original set is a 3 hole option, and slightly different angle to the 2 hole option of the Boomerang, Hotshot, Manta Ray, Top Force part set.

Does anyone know if the 2 hole parts are compatible? I presume they should be, and I'd just need to adjust the steering rod lengths to accommodate the difference. But maybe someone knows if there is more to it and if I'd be safer ordering the original replacements. I'd preferably like to consider an aluminium upgrade for this part, I've seen only an aftermarket option, modeled around the 2 hole version (something like these from rcjaz)

Any input greatly appreciated.

I think they fit but the boomerang ones have a different camber built in I think.  I could be wrong though 

I think they fit but the boomerang ones have a different camber built in I think.  I could be wrong though 

• Thanks 1

The 2 hole version is the updated, DF01-sourced upright that Tamiya uses in the re-release kits for better steering geometry.  The 3 hole version hanging on the D-parts sprue is the old, original version. The manual blacks them out in the back as "not used".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the info, I'd completely forgotten that the original D Parts (3 hole version) weren't used in the build - so while I wait for replacement parts to arrive (I expect it will be months before I can get postage from HK), I'll replace the broken 2 hole version with these originals also included in the kit. May impact the steering a little, but at least will be able to run once again rather than just sitting on the shelf.

...now to figure out how best to get the bearings out without damaging them - they're in there pretty tight!