Farmerbrown

Egress 2013 Edition (58583)

Hello,

Have ten of these for sale, if anyone is interested please let me know.

Here is the process:

• Paypal (Seller) invoice sent to you
  • 50% deposit required 
  • Ordered from supplier
  • Shipped to me
  • Customs & Duty paid
  • Kits checked by me
  • Images of kit sent to you
  • Full Paypal (Seller) invoice payment required
  • Then shipped to you

The price quoted includes all of the above.

Price would be £520 including P&P

Thanks

Going by your eBay ad for the TRF211XM, these might be drop-shipped from elsewhere - Is that the case with these Egress kits and what guarantee is there of their condition?

Also, if they are drop-shipped, are they coming in from outside the EU and is there any risk of a customs hit or would they go to you first?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-TRF211XM-CHASSIS-KIT-1-10-R-C-2WD-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-OFF-ROAD-RACER-42288/274420881194?hash=item3fe4c2572a:g:bqUAAOSwBWdfBIZZ

"Once ordered your item will be order and shipped from supplier this would take around 2-3 weeks"

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

Going by your eBay ad for the TRF211XM, these might be drop-shipped from elsewhere - Is that the case with these Egress kits and what guarantee is there of their condition?

Also, if they are drop-shipped, are they coming in from outside the EU and is there any risk of a customs hit or would they go to you first?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-TRF211XM-CHASSIS-KIT-1-10-R-C-2WD-HIGH-PERFORMANCE-OFF-ROAD-RACER-42288/274420881194?hash=item3fe4c2572a:g:bqUAAOSwBWdfBIZZ

"Once ordered your item will be order and shipped from supplier this would take around 2-3 weeks"

Here is the process:

• Paypal (Seller) invoice sent to you
  • 50% deposit required 
  • Ordered from supplier
  • Shipped to me
  • Customs & Duty paid
  • Kits checked by me
  • Images of kit sent to you
  • Full Paypal (Seller) invoice payment required
  • Then shipped to you

The price quoted includes all of the above.

Thanks

Just a FYI, this seller doesn't appear to offer the community anything other than taking our money. There's no activity on the forums, other than the classifieds and now he wants to drop ship stuff to us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, I feel like I want to step in here for some reason and stick my head above the parapet as I have some parts on order with Farmerbrown. I dont know him personally and have had no dealings with him prior to here so have no biased connections otherwise. But I do feel like he is getting a bit of stick unecessarily. Admittedly I have only paid a deposit so far but am working on the assumption i will get my bits that i ordered which with him being a complete unknown was a bit of a risk i know too and time will tell whether my judgement was right.

I honestly dont begrudge him taking a small percentage of my money if I get the parts I want. Hes not doing anything illegal or untoward that I can see just offering to be the middleman in obtaining parts which he has been totally honest about. There is no real obligation to provide back to the community and you have a choice not to use him. But at the moment he just seems to be offering a service. I know there are times when other members of the community offer the same service without taking a cut and that is a beatiful thing and makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. But there are times too when I dont want to put someone out even though they offered - they still have to go to the post office, transfer money and all that agro whereas I feel less bad if someones getting a couple of quid out of it even if its just beer money.

His business model isnt all that different to any other agent or broker really for any other product or service.

If he turns out to be a scammer then by all means unleash the dogs of war but I think he probably deserves a chance before people weigh in and get his threads locked when if you dont like the notion of drop shipping you dont have to use him. To be honest a few quid for someone for me not to have to arrange lots of cross country / international shipping, sending numerous emails, hunting around and lots of other associated ball ache etc is a small price to pay. As im too lazy lol. And if all turns out gravy then I will likely use him again.

Be kind peoples.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think he's a fair and a good businessman, that wasn't my point. My issue is that this forum was supposed to be a community of people who enjoy the hobby and oh by the way let's trade and sell stuff.  There use to be a minimum required posting before there was access to the classifieds. Now there are people just jumping on and trying to make a profit off the forum with zero contribution to the community.  That's my issue.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, GTodd said:

Just a FYI, this seller doesn't appear to offer the community anything other than taking our money. There's no activity on the forums, other than the classifieds and now he wants to drop ship stuff to us. 

17 hours ago, GTodd said:

I think he's a fair and a good businessman, that wasn't my point. My issue is that this forum was supposed to be a community of people who enjoy the hobby and oh by the way let's trade and sell stuff.  There use to be a minimum required posting before there was access to the classifieds. Now there are people just jumping on and trying to make a profit off the forum with zero contribution to the community.  That's my issue.

Just to let you know i am in contact with the admins to "contribute" to the form

On 7/13/2020 at 2:04 PM, TWINSET said:

Hello,

I have been told Twinset might be able to help with becoming a sponsor of sorts.

Moderator please can someone contact me with regards to this.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I have directed Farmerbrown to Chris for a discussion.

• Like 2

Just to follow up my earlier post (even though its not related to an Egress) if anyone else is interested.

The parts I had ordered from Farmerbrown turned up today and it was exactly what I wanted. No complaints what so ever.

Resized_20200718_153131_1808.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, Farmerbrown said:

Hello,

I have been told Twinset might be able to help with becoming a sponsor of sorts.

Moderator please can someone contact me with regards to this.

I'm no longer a moderator here. Personally, I'd rather you shared your sources rather than offer to middle-man the process for others, so please don't consider me as wanting to help.

100% this - been a member almost ten years and, until June, hasn't posted since 2011

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/forum/index.php?/profile/37748-farmerbrown/content/&all_activity=1&page=2

On 7/14/2020 at 2:47 PM, GTodd said:

• Thanks 1

On 7/14/2020 at 3:36 PM, GTodd said:

There use to be a minimum required posting before there was access to the classifieds. Now there are people just jumping on and trying to make a profit off the forum with zero contribution to the community.  That's my issue.

In all fairness, I don't remember that ever being the case - I'm pretty sure the whole forum has always been accessible to all members. I know a lot of forums do operate a minimum post access system, but that usually just leads to newbs who want access just posting up 100+ posts along the lines of "heck yeah" and "awesome" just to bump their count.