Sign in to follow this  
Mrowka

How stupid will this look?

I came by a re re Turbo Optima Gold Edition. The chassis is a very nice pro-quality build, but the body is...not so nice, to say the least. Poor masking, brush-painted red sections and dorky looking decals.

The chassis is also gold-plated. I wish it weren't, but it is.

I've never been that crazy about the lines of the Optima or Turbo Optima, and I like the box art Turbo Optima paint scheme and decals even less. So I had thought about making it into a Javelin, which is a buggy that I love.

The problem is the gold chassis. An orange frame would look wretched with the gold chassis. Even a black or white Javelin frame would go okay with the gold chassis, a bit blingy, but okay. Sort of. I guess.

Then there is the silver metal roof on a Javelin. How stupid will that look, contrasted with the gold plating on the chassis?

Or should I just get my mitts on another Optima body, paint it the way I like, and call it good?

Get the black cage. Spray the silver roof black satin black. Leave the chassis and shocks gold.

Get some John Player Special stickers and gold vinyl pinstripe.

Apply them and then post pics here. It will look epic.

• Like 2

And then get some John Player Specials. You will probably need a smoke after finishing.

• Haha 2

I actually thought that a black or gray Optima body would look sort of cool with the gold chassis. No JPS however.