gizard

Egress 19005271 A-Parts (front gearbox)

Anyone know where I can get Egress 2013 Front Gearbox casing or A-parts? Preferably in the UK.

cheers

G.

Likely to be a special order only and even then you may be in for a long wait, unless someone decides to break a kit and sell on said well known auction site.

I've had the same parts on order since February, and still no sign of them turning up anytime soon!

3 minutes ago, DGunn1 said:

Likely to be a special order only and even then you may be in for a long wait, unless someone decides to break a kit and sell on said well known auction site.

I've had the same parts on order since February, and still no sign of them turning up anytime soon!

ah okay.... thanks. Where do you have them on order from?

I ordered 3 from TJD, so if they turn up and you still haven't found one let me know. 

They are in ebay in the US for $24. I know i ordered 2 before the virus for $12 ea  so they are milking you. 

Since the new year i have actually ordered numerous spares for my egress, 2 front gearboxes, front shock tower, gears, the rear gearbox tree, trailing arms & front arms. I also just ordered a hex set to convert all the screws from rcmart. They do seem to sellout quickly

What the badword do tamiya play at. They release a kit like the avante or egress and don't sell any parts. It makes it just as scary to drive the re re's as the originals. Time and again tamiya do this. Why on earth can you not buy a hi cap hop up kit for the avante?  They are the only company who do this. They even re release cars with zero spares support. Terra scorcher I'm looking at you.  Come on tamiya. Give us the spares so we can run our cars worry free.

I'm afraid the excuse I frequently getting when I'm trying to order various parts (egress, avante etc) which I think we are all going to have to get used to is "covid 19" I'm seeing it on road work signs I even seen it on a diversion which said "because of covid 19 a diversion has been set in place" :blink: one place I phoned said a big container full of tamiya kits and parts has been delayed because of..............wait for it!..................the new excuse "covid 19" racer magazine can't get printed because of "covid19" although all the rest of their magazines must not be infected! 

Yes, I agree, it can be frustrating not being able to get parts, you kind of expect it for vintage models, its part and parcel of the vintage side of the hobby.  But ReRe's?  That's another matter entirely, and its not just Tamiya either.  Most of the option parts for ReRe Optimas and Scorpions are unavailable pretty much everywhere, as well as a lot of the more mundane consumable spare parts.  Strange and exceptional times we're in right now, just hope the parts supply returns to normal before too long.

18 hours ago, Saito2 said:

And this is why my Egress sits on a shelf....:(

Same as mine - it took the official Tamiya importer to chase up and try and get a front damper piston shaft on mine which took over 6 months to get in from japan. This was after waiting on retailers having it on back order for about 3 months before i contacted the importers myself.

I dont want to risk bending one again for a part that costs less than a fiver but takes around 9 months to replace. This was also back when you could still get a retail egress re re.

I got a bunch of front gearboxes from Tony earlier this year. 

You can get them. 

Hopefully with the Vanqish rere there will be some gearboxes available.....