Sign in to follow this  
Silver-Can

Madcap steering parts F5 and F3 interchangeable?

Hi.

Does anyone know whether the steering parts F5 and F3 for the madcap are interchangeable with, for example, the equivalent parts on the astute/super astute? Just noticed both of mine have cracks running through them.

Cheers.

I'm afraid not.  The Astute parts are very bulky to accommodate bearings and and 5mm connectors.  Not to mention one of the parts has two tiers and is not flat like the Madcap part.  The Madcaps front bulkhead and chassis sidewalls also get in the way.  I've tried Astute parts and Top Force parts with no real luck.   

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Fruitfly01 said:

I'm afraid not.  The Astute parts are very bulky to accommodate bearings and and 5mm connectors.  Not to mention one of the parts has two tiers and is not flat like the Madcap part.  The Madcaps front bulkhead and chassis sidewalls also get in the way.  I've tried Astute parts and Top Force parts with no real luck.   

That's great. Thanks for letting me know. The bits I need are on ebay now but just wondered whether I could get new plastic in there. Thanks again 👍