Saito2

Body options for Ultima runner build

9 hours ago, RCvet said:

I want them to rerelease the Ultima Pro XL now,

Me too, that and some form of Turbo Optima Mid (and a Big Brute while they're at it). But, if I had to guess, the next Ultima will probably be the Turbo. 

I thought about Ultima Turbo but really the Ultima rerelease was kind of a hybrid and I wonder if a turbo is different enough.  The rere chassis is already thicker and countersunk like the original Turbo, the transmission and steering are updated and presumbaly would be the same on future Ultima rereleases.  

I have been slowly piecing together a Pro XL and will probably have 3 times into it what the rerelease will cost some day.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RCvet said:

I thought about Ultima Turbo but really the Ultima rerelease was kind of a hybrid and I wonder if a turbo is different enough.  The rere chassis is already thicker and countersunk like the original Turbo, the transmission and steering are updated and presumbaly would be the same on future Ultima rereleases.  

I agree. That's why I went forward with the standard Ultima. Aside from tires/wheel/shocks (and possibly towers) how different could a re-re Turbo be?

BTW, I' m still waiting on the body from TBG. I ordered it and 3 other bodies a month and a half ago. TBG sent it out promptly and it got into the US and is now sitting in Chicago. Its been in Chicago for one solid month now :angry:. I contacted TBG, but they are away from the shop for a couple weeks...

Post office is a mess.  TBG alwasy good, they will make it right if a problem.

What are odds of Ultima Pro XL rerelease is the big question?  A see a nice carbon fiber flat plate.  Would love it to be the XL for the longer arms it used which are very hard to come by these days and the reason my current one remains on shelf.  Nice copy of original wheels would be great too.

The rest of rere hubs and such would be fine.  A few longer turnbuckles and before you know it XL.

Optima mid is likely ahead and hopefully this year  Mid was first car I ever drove on a real track so I am ready for that too.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RCvet said:

What are odds of Ultima Pro XL rerelease is the big question?

Yeah, that's the Ultima I want to see too.

2 hours ago, RCvet said:

Optima mid is likely ahead and hopefully this year 

I hope so.  Its probably the Kyosho I'm most eager to see.

1 hour ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

what stickers will you be using on your turbo ultima body when you get it?

I will be some variant of the Turbo Ultima 2 stickers believe it or not. For some reason, I really dig that neon green.

• Like 1

Since this was the last RC project I had on the bench when my interest disappeared, its the first to see completion now that I have a twinge of interest again. I always liked the white/neon green look of the Turbo Ultima 2 boxart, so that's what I went with, shortening the decals to simply "Ultima". I'd like to get some form of composite shock towers mounted up but I'm trying to sell RC items ATM, not buy more. The plan was to go for the new gold shocks Kyosho offers, but upon learning they aren't really an upgrade over the red shocks (just and aesthetic change) I'll be sticking with the stock ones. I may strip and polish them if I get motivated. Overall, fairly satisfied. I'm happy a repurposed clothes hanger can be fashioned into descent wing wire. 

20201101_133122 (2)

• Like 3

I think a turbo/pro is definitely on the cards. If you look at the re re Ultima wing mount parts tree they include the little black spacers for the gear box to replace the Ultima wing mount.  The only time you would need a different type of mount is when using the turbo body as this was mounted using the wire and tube mountings.  The black spacers perfectly replace the new wing mount which came with the Ultima re re. I have used these on my own vintage Ultima pro when I out in the new re re transmission