Roguet

4WD Buggy Tyres

Can anybody recommend some decent 4WD buggy tyres for use on grass ?. Have a severe ballooning issue at the moment making it impossible to drive in a straight line. Running a 4300kv motor on a 2S Lipo.

If your current tyres at from the kit it is possible you can solve the pronlem by gettibg some foam inserts. Any decent aftermarket tyre needs them anyway. Search Schumacher U6733 and U6734. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ThunderDragonCy said:

If your current tyres at from the kit it is possible you can solve the pronlem by gettibg some foam inserts. Any decent aftermarket tyre needs them anyway. Search Schumacher U6733 and U6734. 

Thanks ThunderDragonCY, not kit tyres and have foam inserts, however the tyres balloon so much they break the glue bond and come off the rim. Will have a look at the tyres you mentioned, just didn't want to waste more money buying tyres not up to the job.

I had the same problem with proline tires and fast brushless motors. I now run schumacher full spike or pin or minipin 2.2 tires with foam and no ballooning has occured at all. If the rubber is very supple then it distorts with centrifugal force. 

47 minutes ago, t3garett said:

I had the same problem with proline tires and fast brushless motors. I now run schumacher full spike or pin or minipin 2.2 tires with foam and no ballooning has occured at all. If the rubber is very supple then it distorts with centrifugal force. 

Thanks T3Garett, will give the Schumacher tyres a try, hopefully will be a major improvement. 

Hope it helps. 

Years ago proline calibers were all the rage and I thought they would be better than the kit tires on my super astute but when I moved on To brushless the car started acting really wierd at high speed in straight lines. Took me awhile to figure out it was the rear tires ballooning. Since I switch to schumacher full spikes (for grass and gravel and mud) no more ballooning even without foam inserts. 

• Thanks 1

If you get some cloth tape from the hardware store you can belt your existing tyres yourself. It’s always worked well for me. 

• Thanks 1

I'm sorry hijacking this thread I have the same problem with my rising storm df02 since going brushless, but mine is mainly used on tarmac,I'm sure they are Schumacher road tyres with foam they are very soft rubber, is there any recommendations for better tyres?

Yes I have effectively "belted" tires before with tape, I even have some special schumacher belting tape but it does add a lot of weight to the wheels and doesn t always some the problem completly. 

@ploots : Are you using buggy rims ? If so  I don t think you ll find an onroad tire that won t balloon. Your best bet is To belt the tire from the inside with special tape. Or move to touring car rims and  tires.  

6 minutes ago, t3garett said:

Yes I have effectively "belted" tires before with tape, I even have some special schumacher belting tape but it does add a lot of weight to the wheels and doesn t always some the problem completly. 

@ploots : Are you using buggy rims ? If so  I don t think you ll find an onroad tire that won t balloon. Your best bet is To belt the tire from the inside with special tape. Or move to touring car rims and  tires.  

I am using buggy rims i guess I could try the touring car rims I never thought of that thanks

Surprised you're getting ballooning issues with a 4300kv (10.5t ish) on 2s tbh.

As above, Schumacher tyres are designed for racing at higher speeds, but have seen them balloon and burst, when an impatient racer guns the throttle, when upside down, to get the marshalls attention, so as long as you don't do that, theyre fine.

If you want stronger still, Schumacher 2" tyres fit on 2.2" wheels , (but need to trim a small bit of the inner lip) , with Schumacher blocks being a great all rounder, and the 'blue' compound being really hard wearing too.

6 minutes ago, Wooders28 said:

Surprised you're getting ballooning issues with a 4300kv (10.5t ish) on 2s tbh.

As above, Schumacher tyres are designed for racing at higher speeds, but have seen them balloon and burst, when an impatient racer guns the throttle, when upside down, to get the marshalls attention, so as long as you don't do that, theyre fine.

If you want stronger still, Schumacher 2" tyres fit on 2.2" wheels , (but need to trim a small bit of the inner lip) , with Schumacher blocks being a great all rounder, and the 'blue' compound being really hard wearing too.

Wooders28, thanks am see a lot of love for schumacher tyres, so have ordered some to try. Also bought some drywall mesh tape to stick inside to try and strengthen them. Running on a mixture of concrete and grass, current tyres are just some cheap unbranded from China as my others needed changing, think i got my moneys worth though...

20200706_184322.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Roguet said:

thanks am see a lot of love for schumacher tyres,

They don't really do, cheap bashers, so its all race oriented stuff.

These are the Schumacher 2" blocks on 2.2" wheels, running a 4 5t.

2020-05-19_12-06-53

But you need to spin them inside out, and trim a bit of the lip so they sit nice.(and strong, fitting hornet rears, thumbs...😳💪

2020-05-19_12-05-33

• Like 1