burakol

Motor for which car

Hello, 

During this pandemic, I was fortunate to have the opportunity to build and buy some kits to add to my GF01 LC, TT01e and TT02... During the lockdown, I was able to add a ReRe Manta Ray, rebuild/refresh an OG Hotshot, an M03 and 3 more unbuilt kits; ReRe Super Astute, CC01 Mu, and G601 TR Dynahead. 

Right now I have the following motors that I have not  installed:

4 - 17.5t brushless

1 - 21.5t brushless

2 - 16t brushed Endoplasma old school motor BNEW

As of the moment, all of the built/runners I have are all using the stock silver cans except for the GF01 which has the 13.5t motor at the moment which I think is a little too much for it... 

I am hoping to hear some of your thoughts as to which car should get what motor... I don't have plans of getting rid of the TBLE02 so that will be the ESC of choice for the brushless motors. I also have a HW1060 that I will be using for the brushed motor. 

Thank you.

• Like 1

I'm going to put the motors first and list the cars that I would put them in:

17.5: GF-01, Manta Ray, M-03, TT-01 or TT-02

13.5 from GF-01: TT-01/2

21.5: Hotshot (I'd stay with a silvercan on this one) or Super Astute

16t: don't see much use for these 

The CC-01 will depend on how you want to use it. Street/rally use a silvercan is great, one of the 16 turns will make it fly. Trail/crawling use I'd go for a 45-55t motor

I have no experience with the Dynahead so I can't give a solid recommendation. 

Hope this helps you out. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bash said:

I'm going to put the motors first and list the cars that I would put them in:

17.5: GF-01, Manta Ray, M-03, TT-01 or TT-02

13.5 from GF-01: TT-01/2

21.5: Hotshot (I'd stay with a silvercan on this one) or Super Astute

16t: don't see much use for these 

The CC-01 will depend on how you want to use it. Street/rally use a silvercan is great, one of the 16 turns will make it fly. Trail/crawling use I'd go for a 45-55t motor

I have no experience with the Dynahead so I can't give a solid recommendation. 

Hope this helps you out. 

Thanks...

you’re right about the CC01... i am considering using a higher turn count motor for it, maybe like a 45t... 

so far i am inclined to try the 16t brushed motor in the GF01... 

the hotshot will probably stay with the Technipower  OG motor...

And then the rest will be what is suggested... for the Dynahead, I will try the other 16t motor... im hoping that the gear reduction will tame it down...

No problem. For the CC-01 I can also recommend a Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster sport 20t motor. It's a 5-slot motor so the speed is pretty close to a normal 45t motor and they have a very smooth startup and low end along with lots of torque. I have one in my CC-01 and it is absolutely perfect even with a TBLE-02s

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Bash said:

No problem. For the CC-01 I can also recommend a Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster sport 20t motor. It's a 5-slot motor so the speed is pretty close to a normal 45t motor and they have a very smooth startup and low end along with lots of torque. I have one in my CC-01 and it is absolutely perfect even with a TBLE-02s

I looked into it on ebay... I'm not sure I saw the same one but the price they're selling it for is about $80???

I know nothing about the 16T brushed motor you have, but I would put it in the Super Astute. Its geared for low turn motors and since you can see the motor out the back a brushed motor suits it.

My Top Force is well matched to a Super Stock TZ which should be similar to a 13.5T brushless, so that could go in the Manta Ray nicely. 

If you get the high speed gearset and Yeah Racing motor mount for the TT02 you can run any motor in that, as a 21.5T or 17.5T geared properly will be similar for some carpark bashing.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2020 at 1:33 AM, Jonathon Gillham said:

I know nothing about the 16T brushed motor you have, but I would put it in the Super Astute. Its geared for low turn motors and since you can see the motor out the back a brushed motor suits it.

My Top Force is well matched to a Super Stock TZ which should be similar to a 13.5T brushless, so that could go in the Manta Ray nicely. 

If you get the high speed gearset and Yeah Racing motor mount for the TT02 you can run any motor in that, as a 21.5T or 17.5T geared properly will be similar for some carpark bashing.

Thanks. As of the moment, I'm keeping the gears stock. I guess what I wanted to achieve is some oomph and longer run time by using the efficiency of a brushless motor. As far the 16t brushed, I dont know much if it either except that I know a lot if airplane guys used to run it before the advent of brushless motors... I just had it in my old stockpile so I thought of putting it into use...

• Like 1