Sign in to follow this  
Mokei Kagaku

The (Avante) 2001 Odyssey. Aka the legend of the Alien Avante from planet Blob.

It’s a bit like those animal shelter adverts before and after.. The previous owner should be prosecuted for cruelty....

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

109840062_2932349283558655_6205587952834

looks like a form of art work crossed in between Fred Sanford and Andy Warhol collection...

or as though a collection from the Borg itself, or perhaps also WALL-E's collection of stuff from his rotating shelf of parts.

• Haha 1

I wonder if it was finished, or the previous owner had plans to add more stuff? :unsure:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Wez-li said:

I wonder if it was finished, or the previous owner had plans to add more stuff? :unsure:

I doubt it ever worked as intended and was therefore probably never really completed, but I don't know if more "functions" were planned.

What I do know however, is that he had a Mugen/Academy Mercury for sale at the same time, and it was similarly modified. The BIN for that one was low too, so I kind of regret not buying that one too. At least, I should have saved the auction photos.

31 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I doubt it ever worked as intended and was therefore probably never really completed, but I don't know if more "functions" were planned.

What I do know however, is that he had a Mugen/Academy Mercury for sale at the same time, and it was similarly modified. The BIN for that one was low too, so I kind of regret not buying that one too. At least, I should have saved the auction photos.

What was the intention though, those pics raise more questions than answers :lol:

It's crazy,  you probably should've picked that Mugen up too then if it was similar. 

Funny how you can still find things that have been treated like this, even though its pretty common knowledge that they're worth a lot now. 

• Like 2

What happens when it hits 88mph?

Did you try and figure out what all this crap does?  You don’t need a quarter of it just for some fans and lights..  The lever switch, relays and extra batteries looks like it might’ve been for switching to a second battery pack for extended runs..and maybe that why the fans are there also.. unbelievable!

On 7/17/2020 at 5:46 PM, Mokei Kagaku said:

Current condition:

110522872_2932377840222466_8182181872533

So there WAS an Avante 2001 hiding under all that! The Facebook photos suggested otherwise :P

That would have been an interesting project on another (more ubiquitous) car, but knowing what we know now about the Avante 2001... it does elicit a bit of an emotional response, doesn't it?

Nice work cleaning it up!

9 hours ago, Grastens said:

So there WAS an Avante 2001 hiding under all that! The Facebook photos suggested otherwise :P

With close to 4kg (yes, really) of "alien" parts, not much of the Avante 2001 was visible.

That would have been an interesting project on another (more ubiquitous) car, but knowing what we know now about the Avante 2001... it does elicit a bit of an emotional response, doesn't it?

If it had been a DF-02, TT-02B or similar low cost modern chassis, I probably wouldn't have bought it in the first place, but if I had, I would have left it as it was. Being an Avante 2001 with the rare original wheels in good condition, I never considered keeping the "improvements". Also, the car was so dirty and smelled badly (i.e. excessive amounts of rancid unknown grease), so it was way too disgusting to keep without getting rid of the modifications and cleaning it thoroughly.

Nice work cleaning it up!

Thanks! A NOS upper deck is still in transit from France and there is still a little work to be done, but if nothing else, it's clean and it doesn't feel inappropriate to store in indoor anymore!