xray mark

Wanted Avante 2011 hi cap dampers.

Hi guys . Need some hi caps for a black special. Can anyone help!?. 

Cash waiting or Might be able to part ex for  Avante black special motor 

• Like 1

Hi,

The avante black motor, is it new or used, and regarding part ex what value do you put on it?

Cheers

Hi, it will be new, I’ve just agreed to buy a couple of kits but I have brushless for them. I know the motors are slight after. I’d rather just swap for some hi caps . 

I was going to build a set and pulled together all the parts, which I’m now selling as a complete lot BNIP. 

Apologies if it’s more than you need or more than you want to spend, but it’s what it all cost me so I’m just looking to recover that and thought it was worth a share 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/trades_model.asp?cid=122703&id=52876

Hi, I’ve just noticed they are the standard Avante dampers. I am looking for the silver high capacity option part 

thanks anyway. 

• Like 1

No bother, didn’t realise there was a difference. Good luck with your search!

All the parts are still available online or to order, will set you back about 120 with all the necessary mounting parts. I just used 2013 egress manual for part numbers to source a second set, then you just need the front shock tower adaptor which is a bit rarer but does get listed now and again.

Tamiya legends vid on youtube recently mentioned someone on Facebook is considering producing a batch in carbon fibre to match the original frp part (think the short run of front avante 2011 high cap hop ups included this in cf too)

Also more recent front mini high cap cylinder anodizing appears to now match the rears (for a time the fronts were lighter for some strange reason)

Yes I saw that legends video. I was really hoping to find an all in one rere pack. I’m not in a great rush as I prob won’t build the kits for a month or so while I drool over them. 

After my chats on here tonight I am starting to come to the conclusion that I will use the egress   For racing With white wheels and 2001 body if I can find them  and I might leave the black special as is rather than use it much 

I’ll keep an eye out anyway and grab some if they ever appear. 

Thanks 

On 7/18/2020 at 3:48 PM, DGunn1 said:

All the parts are still available online or to order, will set you back about 120 with all the necessary mounting parts. I just used 2013 egress manual for part numbers to source a second set, then you just need the front shock tower adaptor which is a bit rarer but does get listed now and again.

Tamiya legends vid on youtube recently mentioned someone on Facebook is considering producing a batch in carbon fibre to match the original frp part (think the short run of front avante 2011 high cap hop ups included this in cf too)

How/ where did you find the springs? That's all I need.