wtcc5

wtcc5's FF-01 addiction

@wtcc5 I've spit out quite a few compliments on this Thread.... 😊

Your little project has enlightened and inspired me. I've been drooling over the FF-03 for years. My situation has kept me from having one... 

But as my fortunes are FINALLY about to change (LITERALLY!!), by late March, I will have at least one!! 😊😁  Unbelievably, some Opel Kits are still available! I'm really hoping to get one in time, before they're gone. 

AND..... Thanks to You - a FF-01 or two will be sneaking into my Collection as well - as I've got to practically rebuild my Collection from the ground up. 

From what I've learned from the Forum so far, the FF-01 is almost a "parts bin special". Meant in the most flattering way! I see bits of a few Classic Chassis in it, and they go together quite well. 

Your latest discovery of the TC-01 DCJs is so COOL!!! 😎 I hope you'll delve more into what you did to fit them on the FF-01. 

Along with the rest of the Mods you've done - and others here as well - I believe that you've advanced that old Chassis by 25-30 years! Making it relevant today, in my opinion. 👌 THANK YOU SO MUCH!! 🍻🍺

I look forward to digging in!! 😁  We just need to survive another 4 Months, then a smooth ride. 💰💰💰💰💰💲💲💲💲!!!!  It's going to be ROUGH until then, but after 9.5 years of this Nightmare, we can finally see the Light! 

Oh..... and my Wife "thanks" you for the inspiration as well. 😜  TOP Job Mate!! 🍻🍻

• Haha 1

OH - do you have a Link to that Corally Batry?? I'd love to see if they Ship to the Colonies, and how MUCH to do so. 

There is NOTHING I've seen in the U.S. that close to a bespoke Sub-C Stick Pack!!

• Like 1

Hi,

thank you very much for all the nice and kind words! Good to hear, that your future looks bright!

And I am looking forward to see all your posts in your upcoming FF-thread then :D

Here a link to the Corally battery:

https://corally.com/Batteries/Sport-Racing-30C/

I hope the distributor for the U.S.A (www.hrpdealer.com) will bring this product to a shop near you.

• Thanks 1

Thank you so much! Life will be ROUGH until then, including NO Christmas Presents for anyone and NO Tree.... 

But if we make it to April, everything will be better.

Yeah, this years christmas will be not so nice...

I just got the message, that my test for Covid was positive. So I will stay isolated for the next days or until christmas :wacko:

Oh, man, I so hoped to make it, without getting it.

@Quincy made another top deal and got himself another two FF-01 chassis. This just make me want to build another chassis. I decided to just upgrade the JTCC Opel.

The first step will be to use all tuning parts I have in my FF-01 box. This includes

- 53165 hollow carbon gear shaft set

- 53155 low friction aluminium damper set

- 53163 onroad tuned spring set

- 53596 aluminium servo stays (short)

- 53177 fwd aluminium motor heat sink (just the heat sink)

08489c62-c920-4cf3-87zji2.jpeg

bc4587c9-3678-4b1e-93lkw2.jpeg

8c1af51b-bb9d-4015-9d2jx5.jpeg

2b0336a4-6f16-4859-8uuj4c.jpeg

721ed0e3-86d8-4b08-8i1k9f.jpeg

The second step will include:

- 53166 fwd car F.R.P chassis set

- 53157 aluminium king pin

- 53595 TRF aluminium damper retainer

- 53192 fwd touring car turnbuckle upper arm set

- 53098 stainless steel suspension shaft set

- FF-01 ball bearing set

:D

• Like 3

Thank you! I will :wub:

45283e4c-e611-4456-ao8knv.jpeg

Here we go again! DHL delivered a day faster than expected. The before mentioned HopUp-sets are of course not available for years now, but you can still have the same fun by ordering the parts of the sets. The next pictures show what you need for the upgrades.

1. 53166 fwd car F.R.P chassis set

da0c56d7-ae07-479e-bmtjlw.jpeg

2. 53192 fwd touring car turnbuckle upper arm set (left) &  53098 stainless steel suspension shaft set (right)

4c2dcbcd-3a17-4102-9f8jsf.jpeg

3. Other tuning parts and ball bearing set

bc0b407d-a312-40c2-9vskqg.jpeg

• Like 3

I finished the front and rear units already.

Most of these parts are becoming nearly invisible, like the suspension pins or the camber links...

Front:

43818438-97f7-46ec-aa5jen.jpeg

8de2cddc-a1af-4e75-87jk8b.jpeg

Rear:

98e8bc01-6808-4021-8yekk8.jpeg

Now to the best part: Building the plate chassis set ^_^

• Like 2

Chassis assembly:

1a841fd6-ffcb-4f65-82gjhz.jpeg

f4acb95e-a37a-4eaf-bayjbk.jpeg

81df1adf-6df2-40b0-bm7kcq.jpeg

d93571c8-df29-4f53-8czjg9.jpeg

Marriage with the front and rear units:

90b2b4d4-f115-4498-bd6k01.jpeg

97fbb78e-6d3f-4a28-8g0kkx.jpeg

601b86c8-7698-4263-bznj3u.jpeg

Servo installation:

99ffab5a-d3a8-4ec4-bddkjf.jpeg

bc8399f9-da76-41e7-ae5jw8.jpeg

Topdeck installation:

ad44543a-6d51-4434-bc8kbe.jpeg

The finished chassis:

9c87e92a-bd4b-4516-b7bk81.jpeg

a6e2e158-4af7-483f-bgpjzf.jpeg

f6f5884e-ec41-41cb-bngj0r.jpeg

1bbad0d5-5034-4354-8dzj7t.jpeg

d6c9126b-4f36-4369-a9kkjt.jpeg

d315a7b5-501d-43ca-9lxkoj.jpeg

ef944219-51a4-4393-b71ku3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, wtcc5 said:

55096d59-584e-4ec4-a7hktt.jpeg

You've inspired me!  i have a spare frp chassis sitting around for my original Vectra.. guess I have a weekend project now lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sweatpants said:

You've inspired me!  i have a spare frp chassis sitting around for my original Vectra.. guess I have a weekend project now lol

Nice! Just don’t forget to show us ;)

22 minutes ago, wtcc5 said:

Nice! Just don’t forget to show us ;)

I have to take a few pics now.  Both of my FF01's have really become something interesting recently.

• Like 1

.... As if by Magic, ANOTHER FF-01 appears!!! 😊💯 WITH another Rare FRP Chassis Kit! 😲 

Trying not to be annoying, but I've got questions. There's even more I'll need to know before April, when Life 2.0 begins! 

* Is it just coincidence, or is the original Centre Section a TA-01? 

* Are FF-01 Hopups prohibitively expensive and hard to find? 

* WHERE are you FINDING all these FF-01s?? The only ones that I see are on Evilbay - for $550-$750!!! 😖💰😠 Yeah, I'll HAVE that kind of Money AFTER April.... but I still can't do THAT!  My Wife is letting me spend the $600 extortion price I'm forced to - for a new Wild One Kit. Only because she KNOWS how much I've wanted one, and for how long. 

AND the $1500+ for a King Hauler, a couple of Trailers, MFC Unit and accessories. Same reasons! ..... I've only wanted FF-01s as long as I've followed your Thread. She's got her limits! I am absolutely fascinated by them now though. 😊

* Is it another coincidence that the FF-02 LOOKS like a stretched M03?? 😲  I know there must be larger differences.

* Would I WANT a FF-02?? Prices are far more reasonable. I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

I'm already planning on getting at least two FF-03s!! And hopefully the RIGHT Hopups for them. The only things that I know I'm getting so far are Sealed Gear Diffs and DCJs. I just don't like fiddling with Ball Diffs anymore...

I'm not trying to be the annoying little Kid (besides being way too OLD!!) 😜  I'm just trying to arm myself with as much information as possible.

What I NEED, is a Friend to give me a few old Chassis that they don't want anymore..... Except I have few Friends - and NONE are into RC! 😖😞  RC Cars anyway.

Nope, I've got to do it the hard way. Like most others. Still, I'm looking forward to that Day!! 

59 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

.... As if by Magic, ANOTHER FF-01 appears!!! 😊💯 WITH another Rare FRP Chassis Kit! 😲 

Trying not to be annoying, but I've got questions. There's even more I'll need to know before April, when Life 2.0 begins! 

* Is it just coincidence, or is the original Centre Section a TA-01? 

* Are FF-01 Hopups prohibitively expensive and hard to find? 

* WHERE are you FINDING all these FF-01s?? The only ones that I see are on Evilbay - for $550-$750!!! 😖💰😠 Yeah, I'll HAVE that kind of Money AFTER April.... but I still can't do THAT!  My Wife is letting me spend the $600 extortion price I'm forced to - for a new Wild One Kit. Only because she KNOWS how much I've wanted one, and for how long. 

AND the $1500+ for a King Hauler, a couple of Trailers, MFC Unit and accessories. Same reasons! ..... I've only wanted FF-01s as long as I've followed your Thread. She's got her limits! I am absolutely fascinated by them now though. 😊

The prices for FF01 are much lower in Germany and you can buy them easily below 150€. I don’t knwo why the Northamerican market is so expensive...

* Is it another coincidence that the FF-02 LOOKS like a stretched M03?? 😲  I know there must be larger differences.

It basically is one. Definitely a step down to the FF01.

* Would I WANT a FF-02?? Prices are far more reasonable. I'm wondering if there's a reason for that.

I cannot decide for you. I am not interested in the FF02 up to now.

I'm already planning on getting at least two FF-03s!! And hopefully the RIGHT Hopups for them. The only things that I know I'm getting so far are Sealed Gear Diffs and DCJs. I just don't like fiddling with Ball Diffs anymore...

You can dump a lot of money in a FF03. There are/were a lot of tuning options. I found the FF03r geardiff, TRF shocks and the long hard suspension parts very effective. Additionally I would not do more than the FF03pro also had. 

I'm not trying to be the annoying little Kid (besides being way too OLD!!) 😜  I'm just trying to arm myself with as much information as possible.

What I NEED, is a Friend to give me a few old Chassis that they don't want anymore..... Except I have few Friends - and NONE are into RC! 😖😞  RC Cars anyway.

Good friends are worth a lot. If you saved some money next year go to ebay-kleinanzeigen.de and check for FF01 chassis. If you find what you want, I can buy it for you and send over together with the tuning parts you find here: modellbau-seidel.de. Maybe this way it is still more affordable than a Northamerican FF01 purchase...

Nope, I've got to do it the hard way. Like most others. Still, I'm looking forward to that Day!! 

• Thanks 1

Thank you my Friend!! I may take you up on the Kind offer. Even IF Shipping ended up being $100 USD.... It would still be considerably cheaper than buying HERE even with free shipping!! 

My first intention was always to build the FF-03. Most parts are surprisingly "normal" here. That actually shocked me. 

Over here.... A HORNET sells for $250!! 😳  Just last year, they were $130.00. NOBODY can convince me that prices here are reasonable! 😠😠😞 

..... I really HOPE that Tamiya Re-res the Wild One - so I'm not forced to pay DOUBLE for one!!  I really believe that after the Covid19 VACCINE starts widespread use, prices on everything will begin to "mysteriously" fall again!!

sadly the one on the right is showing it’s age.  split front shock tower, cracked front knuckles.  but she presents well!

448BA5B1-40CB-4088-A727-FD568E5CD722.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sweatpants said:

sadly the one on the right is showing it’s age.  split front shock tower, cracked front knuckles.  but she presents well!

448BA5B1-40CB-4088-A727-FD568E5CD722.jpeg

Wow! A special with blue heatsink, nice!

• Like 3

On 12/12/2020 at 6:17 PM, wtcc5 said:

Wow! A special with blue heatsink, nice!

There’s a lot from eagle racing on that one.. ta03 lightweight drive shafts, hard diff cups.  it’s been a fun build.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 8:35 AM, Carmine A said:

Is it just coincidence, or is the original Centre Section a TA-01? 

The FF01 shares many parts with the TA-02, including the centre chassis section. The TA-01 centre section is longer and would make the FF01 wheelbase too long for regular touring car bodies (in long configuration anyway, not sure what the wheelbase would be it the FF01 rear section was set to short in conjunction with the TA-01 chassis centre section). 

• Thanks 1

On 12/12/2020 at 6:57 PM, Sweatpants said:

sadly the one on the right is showing it’s age.  split front shock tower,

Like some other members here, I have had some success making my own frp reinforcing plates as I too have the problem of splitting plastic on one of my FF01s, albeit on the rear (see attached image)

16079525097823204563502428558637.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 5:06 AM, Carmine A said:

Thank you my Friend!! I may take you up on the Kind offer. Even IF Shipping ended up being $100 USD.... It would still be considerably cheaper than buying HERE even with free shipping!! 

My first intention was always to build the FF-03. Most parts are surprisingly "normal" here. That actually shocked me. 

Over here.... A HORNET sells for $250!! 😳  Just last year, they were $130.00. NOBODY can convince me that prices here are reasonable! 😠😠😞 

..... I really HOPE that Tamiya Re-res the Wild One - so I'm not forced to pay DOUBLE for one!!  I really believe that after the Covid19 VACCINE starts widespread use, prices on everything will begin to "mysteriously" fall again!!

You also have to just keep watching out for them!  my car with the blue heatsink i got for 85 dollars from a guy on kijiji.  it was bone stock but in perfect condition.  

• Thanks 1