Bennett Ironman

'Sad looking Can' please help 😉

Took a look round my build today and noted the 'Torque Tuned' kinda looks a bit sad... probably thinking a 'nice brushless' set up might make my Neo Fighter feel better ..hit me with recommended 'cans' 

IMG_20200722_124452.jpg

A nice 3s lipo will "wake up" your torque tuned. Lol.

I ran a Dt02 on 4600kv with 3s and it was bulletproof. Insanely fast though.

Conversely, I’ve just taken a brushless out and put the Torque tuned back in. Bought a Absima 3400kv brushless and esc combo a few months ago, but it made the car uncontrollable off-road. Even on tarmac the car struggled to put the power down and would spin out. Changed the punch setting to minimum and still could barely use full throttle. Top speed was pretty fun though, but needed a lot of space. 

Was out today with torque tuned and the car was way more fun. Wondering if a Sport tuned might add an extra bit of pep?

My DT-02 is very happy with the 13.5t Bluebottle that I fitted a few months back.

2020-02-20_04-41-16

Plenty of power to make it avesome fun to drive, but not so much that it becomes an uncontrollable accident waiting to happen. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, TurnipJF said:

My DT-02 is very happy with the 13.5t Bluebottle that I fitted a few months back.

2020-02-20_04-41-16

Plenty of power to make it avesome fun to drive, but not so much that it becomes an uncontrollable accident waiting to happen. 

What’s the kv rating of the 13.5t motor?

Not the foggiest I'm afraid - I tend to only think in turns, because that is the way our club rules indicate what is allowed in each class.