Sign in to follow this  
Anewhope

Lunchbox pulls crowds at the beach

We are away on holiday this week and I took the lunchbox down to the beach with us today and I was really surprised how much attention these 30+ year old cars still get.  The kids were mesmerised by it and the dads too.  The amount of people asking me where I got it and how it works.  If had a car load of lunchbox kits for sale I d have cleaned up! 

Also anyone with a lunchbox take it down to the beach I know sand isn’t good for the car but it’s so much fun! 

• Like 9

yeh the lunchie is great fun and looks so much different to other rc models, just built one the other day  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xzenonuk said:

yeh the lunchie is great fun and looks so much different to other rc models, just built one the other day  :)

Agreed what colour did you go for?

Mine spends half its life at the beach!

mNr8MDc.jpg

If you have any dune like areas with dry sand you can pretty much entirely negate the need to clean up, it will just fall off. Otherwise, if you wait till the tide is fully out, the sand should only be a little bit damp and not super wet. When it's like that, I let the car dry off after a run, brush the sand off and just clean the metal screw heads etc with a little wd40 or 3 in 1 oil, haven't had any major rust issues so far.

Mind you, the Lunchbox is so simple to strip and rebuild, sometimes I get carried away and go through the really wet sand knowing I can do a full strip and rebuild in an afternoon easily. Like an occasional treat lol.

I do a lot of running on the dry sand if I can though, pretty much zero cleaning needed.

As for attention, it definitely stands out with the van body. I get the same with the dump truck too. 

Sometimes a couple just walk past and you hear the wife say "you're not having one" :(:lol:

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Anewhope said:

Agreed what colour did you go for?

it was the black edition one, just reinforced the wheelie bar and the front of the chassis plus i put foams in the wheels and glued them all earlier and the other day i put a ftx surge shock on it as the 5th one, so far no mods have cost any money and dad has ordered the midnight pumpkin :)

DGGesWY.jpg

FZIYzWR.jpg

glad i found this thread!  built a lunchbox recently and went with no color and put on the stickers and it looked nice!  

it had a problem recently, i thought it was the esc but it turns out the positive lead from the motor was just disconnected, hence i soldered it to connect it properly (right rear wheel was coming into contact probably).  do you know any tips on how to avoid this problem?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, nenunate said:

glad i found this thread!  built a lunchbox recently and went with no color and put on the stickers and it looked nice!  

it had a problem recently, i thought it was the esc but it turns out the positive lead from the motor was just disconnected, hence i soldered it to connect it properly (right rear wheel was coming into contact probably).  do you know any tips on how to avoid this problem?

i noticed my motor wires were a bit close to the wheels as well but thankfully before i ran it, i used the big black cable tye (not sure how to spell it) that came with the kit and bent the wires as far away from the wheel with out breaking the solder connectors then used the cable tye around the motor to hold em in place, hope that helps  :)

edit:

the big black strip on my motor is the cable tie in the below pic

e3UJrCD.jpg

• Like 1