Sign in to follow this  
Crack123

Tamiya TGR Not so Nitro...

Hello!

Still not sure if i should post that, i guess some People might dont like the conversion, but since i converted a TGX to Brushless also, they way for the TGR Project was free :D

All started with some TGX Cars, somewhere i saw the TGR Chassis and liked it, specialy with my most loved Body Shell the TS020 Toyota GT - One which was also hard to get.

Since the TGR has only 2 Speed Gear i had to use a TGX Single Speed shaft and Added a Modul 1 Main Gear, shortened the TGX Gear Support, using a TB02 Motor Mount which has the same height as the TGR Bearing Carrier. ofc the Shaft is Shorter then the TGR 2 Speed Shaft so i had to make a New Prop Shaft which is 4mm longer then an original TGR one,
the Chassis itself is selfmade since i dont want do Drill the One Original Chassis Plate i got, u cant get another new one at a reasonable price lol !

The Wheel Question was one of the hardest parts, the Original Wheels are Rare and expensive to, so i was searching around, ending in the 1/8 Nitro Race Car Corner,

the Front Foam Wheels fits kinda 95% and are dirt cheap, with the Right Rim Type they can be added on the Original 12mm Hex Hubs (just reverse them ) of the TGR with an Custom made Nut to accept the 12mm Hole of the Wheel.

fittet with an custom Upper Deck to and some parts from different Brands it finally come together, just need another ESC, the Mamba Monster Max is way to big for it lol :D

p5ts96c9.jpg
l7azf5u5.jpg
eonvjf8c.jpg
ik3gmxzv.jpg
6tctwhje.jpg
qlftpj2u.jpg
st4jgnfr.jpg
hyr2lh9l.jpg
2i9t9orq.jpg
9kcbisvi.jpg

66975jss.jpg
6kvvmx9f.jpg
hc4l5gni.jpg
jbnzvhnz.jpg

dpbk3q4a.jpg
pcdc2ygy.jpg
kzr9qinn.jpg
khnpwayk.jpg
zx3yxv37.jpg

It did his First drive out on a Cold Street, totaly fun :D

Regards,

Oswald

• Like 3

I for one love these conversions.

I wish Tamiya still made a 1/8 range. Something much more satisfying than 1/10. Nitro never appealed to me so this is perfect. What shell will you be using?

well if u use a TGR u have to use the Toyota GT One Body realy, but i am scared to use my new one.... hard to get another :D