Sign in to follow this  
Danbrown96

Fastrax or yeh racing hop ups

Looking at hoping up my Tt02b and wanna know peoples opinions on the two brands? Are they good quality and fit nice or is it worth spending mega money and buying Tamiya hop ups? 
thanks in advance

• Like 1

Fastrax is just re-branded Jazrider, and Jazrider is terrible quality. I doubt putting it in different packaging will improve things :lol:

Yeah Racing have upped their game in recent years, the older stuff (usually packaged in orange) is not a patch on the newly developed products (yellow packaging). It's really 2nd to Tamiya nowadays, better than 3Racing even.

The answer is unequivocally Yeah Racing!

• Like 1

Good to know - I ordered Jazrider aluminum swing shaft for TT02. I'm pretty rough with my kits so I expect to break them. 

• Like 1

I think it depends on the part. I've bought Jazrider uprights for a few of my builds, and they've been grand, bearings all fit fine and they've stood up to my terrible driving so far. I would recommend them. 

I've bought Fastrax CF battery straps for my TT02s, which are absolutely fine. Their 3mm / 4mm lock nuts are all good and much cheaper than Tamiya, and are also fine for other ancillaries like body clips etc

YR static parts (eg suspension mounts, body posts) and moving parts (eg steering sets) all seem very good; the TT02 upgrade steering set feels pretty much 'as good' as the Tamiya set (I have both), but is c.25% of the price. Well worth it

The 3 Racing parts I bought for my DF03 are fantastic fit and quality, but seems to me like 3 Racing parts sell out very quickly and are hard to find for older models

Square RC is high quality but very expense, you may as well stick to Tamiya.

Conversely, when it comes to something like hex hubs Tamiya is worth every penny. I've used their clamp type adapters on all my builds and the quality and machining is precise. I recently needed to widen the track on a couple of builds so bought some cheap 8mm-12mm adapters off eBay as Tamiya (it seems) don't go above 6mm. The quality was patchy at best; some use screws, some just grub screws, some aren't accurately the width they say they are, the odd one doesn't even fit over the axle. I reckon 1 in 4 goes in the bin, so stick to Tamiya