Sign in to follow this  
Wetman

Kits/Low stock

Does anyone know how it`s looking at the minute and are Tamiya any closer to getting stock back into and distributed in the UK?

We can only hope - most suppliers are estimating mid/late august for many of the kits-  but that might just be that, an estimate- I keep checking AsiaTees and RC Mart since they are in china/Hongkong/Japan area, and should get stock first - we are in a severe Tamiya draught right now - it stinks

• Like 1

Spoke to hobbyco the other day, as was interested in availability of some egress/super astute spares. Had some other stuff on order since feb so just wanted an update. Apparently what used to be sent by air freight is now by boat due to airlines pushing their prices up. 3-4 months shipping time and production hit hard in Philippines due to covid infections, so no real timeframes available. Factories etc rightly closed to protect their staff.

• Like 3

I’m hearing the same as @DGunn1

I preorder kits n bits because most of what I want - vintage or racing that’s not discontinued - is otherwise a pita to source 

Changes to Japan post rules - and certain countries being on Covid watch lists for potential returns - are apparently delaying shipment + driving costs through the roof

Air mail suffers first / worst but it’s a ripple through to ships - which often face huge queues to dock behind a backlog of quarantined vessels 

Factory production also seems to be running at around half of previous - or at least that’s the inference from order fulfilment ? - which makes backfill prioritised by sale volume / margin not niche support or low volume / high end racing  

In short, eBay privateers will continue to have a field day and even better stocked distributors - like Tamico - are going to struggle over time 🙄

I still look at the uk shops in hope something pops up.. I only want a grasshopper or something on the budget end... Alas, looks like it might be the end of the year...

8 hours ago, Lee76 said:

I still look at the uk shops in hope something pops up.. I only want a grasshopper or something on the budget end... Alas, looks like it might be the end of the year...

yeh stock is terrible at the moment, the rising fighter is in stock on model sport https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-rising-fighter/rc-car-products/31173

sounds like a newer hoppy/hornet going by the sales blurb :)

• Like 1

Of you add cvas to the rising fighter it's a great buggy. However add 4 of the front length dampers instead of longer ones on the back. It gets rid of the awful stance and the dampers actually work well

CVA oil dampers only really make the rising fighter quieter, too much unsprung weight to make proper shocks work effectively.....

Ampro on shapeways has some nice 3d printed mods for this buggy