moffman

Looks like a re-re-re release of the avante!

Looking at the future releases from tamiya looks like another avante release under the "new batch" heading! Which is welcome news for me I need a new set of tyres and wheels and I could do with a sprucing up of the decals!.......love an avante (or few)

IMG_20150711_193534.jpg

20180726_105724.jpg

img37842_28072012123033_4_1100_.jpg

20200706_203625.jpg

• Like 11

Great - would love to get one of these having missed out on the latest batch of re -releases.

Is this a confirmed re release as I can’t see it on the Tamiya website ?

2 hours ago, Nova1 said:

Great - would love to get one of these having missed out on the latest batch of re -releases.

Is this a confirmed re release as I can’t see it on the Tamiya website ?

Well it's on tamiyablog and that's as good as it gets! 

4 hours ago, Pinoy808 said:

Is there a difference with the black edition?

Yeah the black edition has all the hop-ups on it as standard (racing steering, torque splitter, centre diff) and all what you see cosmetically ( and a different kit box)

6 hours ago, retrotx said:

What do we think the price will be this time?

Exorbitant!!! 😜 Love to have another though. My last one was the first one. MAJOR money problems forced me to SELL it about 5 years ago. 😭💔 

I got 3X what I paid for it in 1989.... but that wasn't much consolation. She was the Pride of my Fleet. I'll definitely have one, if I can.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, retrotx said:

What do we think the price will be this time?

Yeah not cheap! But my humble opinion worth it! If your fortunate enough to afford one and I know for many people it's way over budget and yes its handling is a bit dubious made better by ball diff, torque splitter etc but that requires even more money but hopefully because of a "new batch" pricing for second hand ones will become more sensible? The avante in the pictures above with the gold rims and decals I bought off Ebay (didn't have gold rims and decals just standard ones) for £220 built but unused this was before the second re-release so hopefully them days will return and everybody can have a bite of this lovely cherry (so to speak):)

"Looks like a re-re-re release of the avante!"

Sorry for being a pedantic idiot, but it's all for a bit of innocent fun:

The 2020 release of the Avante is actually a re-re-re-re-re release! 2011 +  2014 + 2017 + 2018 +2020! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

"Looks like a re-re-re release of the avante!"

Sorry for being a pedantic idiot, but it's all for a bit of innocent fun:

The 2020 release of the Avante is actually a re-re-re-re-re release! 2011 +  2014 + 2017 + 2018 +2020! 

Or we could just call it (like tamiya have done) "a new batch"......wonder if it will have a new product number?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, moffman said:

Or we could just call it (like tamiya have done) "a new batch"......wonder if it will have a new product number?

It's supposed to still be 58489, but I haven't seen it confirmed by a credible source yet. Difficult to make a qualified guess too as re*x - releases sometimes get a new number for no apparent reasons (e.g. Mountain Rider, Fighting Buggy), whereas other keep their original numbers despite countless changes (e.g. first re-re of XR311).

• Like 1

Suppose only time will tell? It doesn't really matter what produce number is on it I'm definitely up seeing it again (and I have 4 of them ) and at the right price a 5th one isn't out the question......unless an Optima mid returns?

• Like 2

Yes!!! More spares, equals more hard running for my Rere Egress and Original Avante!

• Like 1

Do you reckon it will come with the racing steering rack?  Or is that likely to be an option still?  Out of interest, does the racing rack have any other differences with standard rack other than being finished in carbon?  Is it a different design, or have more bearings etc?

3 hours ago, thegorf said:

Do you reckon it will come with the racing steering rack?  Or is that likely to be an option still?  Out of interest, does the racing rack have any other differences with standard rack other than being finished in carbon?  Is it a different design, or have more bearings etc?

Different design. Stock doesn't have ball bearings and had an additional linkage that's eliminated with the race kit. Eliminates some slop.

• Thanks 1

So Tower has in stock the Avanta Black for $484 ($424 after coupon+ free shipping).  Is the Avante Black worth that ~$130 price difference from the upcoming Avante re-re?   

EDIT: Seems the USD price for the re-re Avante on rcjaz will be $389.  In that case I think the black edition is a steal.

im a little defeated by the pricetag, if it was 250 id be in. but basically 500 is way to much for the rere. what does everyone think about the tamiya prices? is it just because they can command the price? or is it actuallt worth 500? im the first one to say anything is worth what you are willing to pay. but in mass production that argument changes. it may not be the same but when all of us can buy decent buggy kits for under 200 then why is an egress or avante or bruiser so msrp expensive? is it licensing? or am i missing something?

40 minutes ago, Finnsllc said:

im a little defeated by the pricetag, if it was 250 id be in. but basically 500 is way to much for the rere. what does everyone think about the tamiya prices? is it just because they can command the price? or is it actuallt worth 500? im the first one to say anything is worth what you are willing to pay. but in mass production that argument changes. it may not be the same but when all of us can buy decent buggy kits for under 200 then why is an egress or avante or bruiser so msrp expensive? is it licensing? or am i missing something?

I've mentioned before, the Tamiya prices rarely make sense to me.  Arguably the Hornet, Grasshopper, and Frog are their 3 introductory cars.  One is $120 (you can get the candy green grasshopper for under $100), one is $140, and the Frog is pushing $200.  What gives?  The super astute price really turned me off to it, so I saved $100 and got the Top Force which I think is a better car and deal.  I wish Tamiya would make the re-re market more accessible and save the $400+ price tags for brand new innovating race ready cars.  I'd love nothing more than to have an Avante, Egress, and SA sitting on my shelf, but that will never happen.

In their non lockdown / unavailable frenzy ebay prices I dont think the Avante pricing was too bad.

I picked up my 2017 / 2018 re re re egress and avante, both from Modelsport for around £350 price which I thought was pretty reasonable. There are a lot of intricately machined alloy components and the finish quality is very very high. When you are building one you can feel where the cost is. A typical example is the alloy clamp type wheel hexes it comes with. A tamiya set of 4 costs about 20 quid which I think ooooh bit steep when i wanted some more of them for another chassis. So i buy sets of the 5 - 6 pound a pop ebay specials from China. To be honest they are pretty gash. Ive had some that split when doing up, a bolt head snapped off, a couple that never clamp properly as they arent slit deep enough for the two halves and one where the bore wasnt wide enough to even go over the axle.

The Tamiya ones are pretty much flawless and everything fits together first time with a sense of precision. Its only really as you build one you think, actually that was totally worth it.

The avante/egress are expensive rc buggies without a doubt! but when you build one you will understand why! even the plastic parts that are on it fit a lot better everything just goes together seamlessly and the machined parts are definitely top quality the only buggy that I've built anywhere near to the avante/egress quality is the kyosho optima buggies, I must admit though I do find the pricing a bit odd for example the super astute did have a lot of parts solely designed for that buggy so could that amongst other things have a lot to do with it and some of them parts are machined probably not made by tamiya but by another manufacturer who has to make a profit aswell so looking at all the machined parts in the avante could that be one of the contributing reasons why it's an expensive buggy when it eventually hits the shops??