kyosho1

Hi-Caps re-re-release!!

Page loads with a "quotation" but post is empty.

just glad I have one set still seald for bad times ^_^

17 hours ago, Finnsllc said:

dont see the hi caps on tamiya usa? 

As always, there are a lot of new Tamiya items in the pipeline that aren't listed on the Tamiya USA website yet. The Tamiya USA webpage isn't exactly updated in a timely manner or with particularly accurate information. Not exactly my preferred source in my constant search for information about new Tamiya items or information about Tamiya in general.

13 hours ago, Collin said:

Page loads with a "quotation" but post is empty.

just glad I have one set still seald for bad times ^_^

The post is mine and from my (mostly) Tamiya FB-page and the information in the post is correct, active and (still) looks just like posted by Kyosho1.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

As always, there are a lot of new Tamiya items in the pipeline that aren't listed on the Tamiya USA website yet. The Tamiya USA webpage isn't exactly updated in a timely manner or with particularly accurate information. Not exactly my preferred source in my constant search for information about new Tamiya items or information about Tamiya in general.

The post is mine and from my (mostly) Tamiya FB-page and the information in the post is correct, active and (still) looks just like posted by Kyosho1.

Got it but still does not show any quotation in first post. Suspicious...

Anyway, this set will be different to Top Force hi-caps with short and long damper bodies, right?

2 hours ago, Collin said:

Anyway, this set will be different to Top Force hi-caps with short and long damper bodies, right?

Correct. This should fit all the Super Astute re-res without the use of a tall front tower. They'll go on the forthcoming Avante return probably too (with the proper tower). I was excited when I saw the post title as I missed out on the Top Force Hicaps.  RCMart burned me twice, selling me TF Hicap sets that they claimed to having in stock, but didn't and then tried offering me store credit. Then I saw the pic and was a bit let down. Oh well. I know a lot of folks have been waiting for the "mini" version of the shock for some time which should make them happy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Correct. This should fit all the Super Astute re-res without the use of a tall front tower. They'll go on the forthcoming Avante return probably too (with the proper tower). I was excited when I saw the post title as I missed out on the Top Force Hicaps.  RCMart burned me twice, selling me TF Hicap sets that they claimed to having in stock, but didn't and then tried offering me store credit. Then I saw the pic and was a bit let down. Oh well. I know a lot of folks have been waiting for the "mini" version of the shock for some time which should make them happy.

Ha, just as I start gathering the bits to make some Super Astute front hicaps!

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!! Will buy a bunch of these as well!!!!!

Annoyingly they will come loaded with Avante springs which will be too heavy for most 2wd buggys, particularly up front, and they won't re release the original spring kits.

Lucky Gmade XD 19mm springs fit. The only springs tamiya make that might fit are the Big Bore Aeration damper sets. 54506/7/8 but I think the fronts might be too long. 

Either way I'm happy to see these on the horizon with them re releasing the avante again. I'll certainly be picking up some sets, whats the bet they don't make enough!

On 7/25/2020 at 10:39 PM, jupitertwo said:

Ha, just as I start gathering the bits to make some Super Astute front hicaps!

I've just made a set lol. But actually, it probably only cost around £25 to make a front set. I used shafts and o rings/bladders from cvas

On 7/26/2020 at 5:08 AM, Juls1 said:

Annoyingly they will come loaded with Avante springs which will be too heavy for most 2wd buggys, particularly up front, and they won't re release the original spring kits.

Lucky Gmade XD 19mm springs fit. The only springs tamiya make that might fit are the Big Bore Aeration damper sets. 54506/7/8 but I think the fronts might be too long. 

Either way I'm happy to see these on the horizon with them re releasing the avante again. I'll certainly be picking up some sets, whats the bet they don't make enough!

Seeing how the Astute springs are too soft that isn't a bad thing at all!

Seeing as my luck is to constantly miss out on all things Hicap, as a preemptive strike, I'll buy any extra set a member might procure if I'm left out again. I badly want a set for my childhood Vanquish as part of a very long term dream build I've had. I know how Tamiya likes to under-produce and keep us wanting.

Are the rears on these the same size as the top force hi-caps from the set released last year?

1 hour ago, Superluminal said:

Are the rears on these the same size as the top force hi-caps from the set released last year?

You need to build them with spacers in but yes I think they are

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

You need to build them with spacers in but yes I think they are

The Top Force Hicaps had a shorter rod for the front instead of the use of spacers. It'll be interesting what length shock rod is include for the rears. 

I think my re re top force hicaps were the same length rods front and rear. I. Refer to add a spacer inside the shock iirc

11 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

I think my re re top force hicaps were the same length rods front and rear. I. Refer to add a spacer inside the shock iirc

They weren't if they are the 2017 Top Force Hicaps, the front shafts are shorter than the rear.

3 hours ago, GTodd said:

They weren't if they are the 2017 Top Force Hicaps, the front shafts are shorter than the rear.

I stand corrected 🙈. Sorry about that

On 8/2/2020 at 8:16 AM, kid168 said:

Will this set somewhat work with the Top Force?

yes it will if you have the evo style shock towers from the new carbon set or the yeah racing set. yeah racing also sells the shock towers separately.

4 hours ago, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

yes it will if you have the evo style shock towers from the new carbon set or the yeah racing set. yeah racing also sells the shock towers separately.

No they will not.  The front shock is a mini and sized for the Astute and it's platform mates, the Avante and it's family, and the thundershot family, as well as another kit that used the mini cva. 

You'll need either the OG short Hicaps 4X, the top Force 2017 Hicaps , DFO3 TRF shocks or the Aeration buggy dampers. 

19 hours ago, GTodd said:

No they will not.  The front shock is a mini and sized for the Astute and it's platform mates, the Avante and it's family, and the thundershot family, as well as another kit that used the mini cva. 

You'll need either the OG short Hicaps 4X, the top Force 2017 Hicaps , DFO3 TRF shocks or the Aeration buggy dampers. 

good to know, i really only need one set now. thanks.

Anyone got the part number for these so i don't buy the wrong ones?

OG short Hi caps 4X

DFO3 TRF shocks

Aeration buggy dampers