kyosho1

Hi-Caps re-re-release!!

Does the Avante not require mini hi caps?. Not the short version?. I’d like to have hi caps on a black special and am wondering wether to buy the x shape carbon tower while they are about?  
mans can anyone confirm , these will fit the Super astute? 

Avante, Egress, Vanquish, Super Astute, Astute all run the mini / short Hicaps. So the rerelease is perfect for them.

The X-shaped Carbon brace for Avante / Vanquish was included on the front set of the last batch, just as back in the days the same part (only being FRP).

But it seems, in the new set the brace is missing, so you have to buy it separately. I still hope, the brace is in, as they are sold namely as set for the Vanquish...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rb4276 said:

I just bought an avante black today. Do these hi caps def fit?

Yes, if you have the brace for the front. Otherwise you´ll probably loose bump stroke, when trying to mount them in the front on the original points.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Yes, if you have the brace for the front. Otherwise you´ll probably loose bump stroke, when trying to mount them in the front on the original points.

Is the brace the tie rods attaching to the shock tower?

On 8/6/2020 at 6:53 AM, ruebiracer said:

Avante, Egress, Vanquish, Super Astute, Astute all run the mini / short Hicaps. So the rerelease is perfect for them.

The X-shaped Carbon brace for Avante / Vanquish was included on the front set of the last batch, just as back in the days the same part (only being FRP).

But it seems, in the new set the brace is missing, so you have to buy it separately. I still hope, the brace is in, as they are sold namely as set for the Vanquish...

I didn't know the full content of the set before now, but your assumption is correct. Brace is obviously not included:

118126240_3023053967821519_8401046219649

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mokei Kagaku said:

I didn't know the full content of the set before now, but your assumption is correct. Brace is obviously not included:

118126240_3023053967821519_8401046219649

Yeah, Tamiya likes to do it different. I bought an Avante front set years ago, there the brace was included. It´s a shame. You really need it for Vanquish and Avante to profit from the increased stroke of the Hicaps.

But actually, I find the Rerelease Hicaps to be not as good as the originals. Especially because of the non vented design and the red bladders. They are tricky to build and have a lot of rebound. A Vintage Hicap is just easy peasy to build and has nearly zero rebound by design (bettter bladder, vented cap).

The new guiding design from Buggy champ is a nice touch though, less fiddly than with the C - clip...

But the good thing is, that they are available again!

On 8/19/2020 at 10:26 AM, ruebiracer said:

Yeah, Tamiya likes to do it different. I bought an Avante front set years ago, there the brace was included. It´s a shame. You really need it for Vanquish and Avante to profit from the increased stroke of the Hicaps.

But actually, I find the Rerelease Hicaps to be not as good as the originals. Especially because of the non vented design and the red bladders. They are tricky to build and have a lot of rebound. A Vintage Hicap is just easy peasy to build and has nearly zero rebound by design (bettter bladder, vented cap).

Easy fix, drill a hole in the cap. There's a simple there for it. I like that these are sealed, slows you to tune in rebound.

10 hours ago, GTodd said:

Easy fix, drill a hole in the cap. There's a simple there for it. I like that these are sealed, slows you to tune in rebound.

That´s right, but not the only problem. The bladder fit in the shock body is not good, and the outer diameter of it is to big, so it´s easy trapped in the topcap. And it´s therefore easy that the bladder slips in the lower shock body during assembly. It´s  a shame, that they didn´t take the money to make a new special bladder for them. Or just copy the design from the old ones 100% on the top. But who knows, what was the reason...

But as you say, without Hole it´s even possible to build them in aeration style. Just use an o-ring instead of the bladder or cut the middle of the bladder out...

7 hours ago, ruebiracer said:

That´s right, but not the only problem. The bladder fit in the shock body is not good, and the outer diameter of it is to big, so it´s easy trapped in the topcap. And it´s therefore easy that the bladder slips in the lower shock body during assembly. It´s  a shame, that they didn´t take the money to make a new special bladder for them. Or just copy the design from the old ones 100% on the top. But who knows, what was the reason...

What is that bladder from then? I like it's tight seal.  

I've found the best solution is to place the bladder into the cap first. Ensure the bladder is flush inside the cap, and then screw it on. Perfect seal every time! I can build them pretty routinely this was with similar results and rebound. I love the new Hicaps!!!

8 minutes ago, GTodd said:

What is that bladder from then? I like it's tight seal.  

I've found the best solution is to place the bladder into the cap first. Ensure the bladder is flush inside the cap, and then screw it on. Perfect seal every time! I can build them pretty routinely this was with similar results and rebound. I love the new Hicaps!!!

You´re right, bladder first in the topcap is the only way to build them quite consistently. But you still have to be careful when screwing down. Not too fast, so that the oil can escape over the thread (as you cannot place the bladder, and wipe the excess oil off before screwing down...

If you filled too much oil and screw down too quick, you can already put too much pressure on the air reservoir and make it smaller. Then you may have not enough volume for the piston rod compensation, when fully compressing the shock.

But hey, when you have your routine already, and it works, then it´s o.k.!;)

Just wanted to mention the drawbacks of the new design. Let´s keep it this way: For a beginner, the Vintage versions are much easier to build in my eyes!:lol:

On 8/25/2020 at 8:05 AM, ruebiracer said:

You´re right, bladder first in the topcap is the only way to build them quite consistently. But you still have to be careful when screwing down. Not too fast, so that the oil can escape over the thread (as you cannot place the bladder, and wipe the excess oil off before screwing down...

If you filled too much oil and screw down too quick, you can already put too much pressure on the air reservoir and make it smaller. Then you may have not enough volume for the piston rod compensation, when fully compressing the shock.

But hey, when you have your routine already, and it works, then it´s o.k.!;)

Just wanted to mention the drawbacks of the new design. Let´s keep it this way: For a beginner, the Vintage versions are much easier to build in my eyes!:lol:

You are right though!

• Like 1

On 8/4/2020 at 2:28 AM, GTodd said:

No they will not.  The front shock is a mini and sized for the Astute and it's platform mates, the Avante and it's family, and the thundershot family, as well as another kit that used the mini cva. 

You'll need either the OG short Hicaps 4X, the top Force 2017 Hicaps , DFO3 TRF shocks or the Aeration buggy dampers. 

Do you think these can be used on the DT-03 chasis? I think the front CVA's are mini too aren't they? 

Thanks!

1 hour ago, esmuz said:

Do you think these can be used on the DT-03 chasis? I think the front CVA's are mini too aren't they? 

Thanks!

If you use the longer eyelet for the front mini that comes with thr DT03 standard shock you should be good to go.

1 minute ago, GTodd said:

If you use the longer eyelet for the front mini that comes with thr DT03 standard shock you should be good to go.

Oh that makes sense.. Thanks!

Ordered my hi-caps from tamico the moment they became available and tamico as per usual dispatched them straight away👍.......but lovely DHL have had them since then and I fear they have gone into the DHL black hole of enternal disappearance👎they could meet up with the limited edition chrome chassis I ordered (not tamico) for my Honda  city turbo that DHL lost a few years ago I've contacted tamico but they haven't got back to me yet😥 I've got a avante black sitting on block's waiting for a new set of dampers to go on........very annoying😡

• Sad 3

These are now available......in everywhere but the UK.  I see some robbing b@st@rds are already selling them for close to £100 on eBay. Guys. Don't give them a penny

• Like 1

I haven't seen them anywhere but Tamico yet.  RC Mart doesn't have them on the site yet that i can tell and Tamiya USA still hasn't had any stock.  

• Like 1

On 10/17/2020 at 12:38 AM, tamiya3speed said:

I haven't seen them anywhere but Tamico yet.  RC Mart doesn't have them on the site yet that i can tell and Tamiya USA still hasn't had any stock.  

Tamico and Seidel are already sold out again!:huh: Luckily I grabbed a set on Berlinski´s shop, before they are also out. But angry, that I hesitated so long, Seidel sold them for39€. Absolute dumping price...

On 10/22/2020 at 12:57 AM, MICHAELs TopForce17 said:

That was fast mine arrived within a week from tamico.

I wish mine had arrived within a week from tamico? But DHL still have them somewhere for getting on for a month now😡😡😡 tamico just keep on mugging me off first they said I would get a new reference within 5 days? that never happened (I take it they mean by reference a new shipment number ) I contacted them again and they told me "just be patient" we've give DHL a gentle reminder! And it can take 20 days to investigate! OMG tamico "a gentle reminder"🤯 and on the original tracking it got as far as handed over by you for onward transport? So it didn't go far before it was lost......tamico good if you don't have a problem but my God a pain if you do get a problem!

• Sad 4

I can see you mention HI-Cap Top-force dampers here already, i can not find them on Tamico or other places, so is there going to be a re-release of those?.

when i ordered Top-Force i could had them included in the kit for about 30 GBP as an special offer, if i only knew then.. sight!