kyosho1

Hi-Caps re-re-release!!

1 minute ago, simalarion said:

I can see you mention HI-Cap Top-force dampers here already, i can not find them on Tamico or other places, so is there going to be a re-release of those?.

when i ordered Top-Force i could had them included in the kit for about 30 GBP as an special offer, if i only knew then.. sight!

We are talking about the mini hi caps . They are smaller than too force 

you can use them on tf if you buy a low profile shock tower from eBay 

Im thinking if doing this with the tf im starting any day now as the standard tf hi caps seem a bit too high in my opinion 

RC Mart currently has stock of the VQS/Avante high cap set 47455, just picked up 2 sets :D

I cannot wait to get my hands on them, these days mini high caps are very very hard to find

On 10/16/2020 at 11:38 PM, tamiya3speed said:

I haven't seen them anywhere but Tamico yet.  RC Mart doesn't have them on the site yet that i can tell and Tamiya USA still hasn't had any stock.  

Same guys who were selling toilet rolls back in March I think. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did the UK stores ever get these in stock? Just looked on Modelsport's website and it now says they are not due now until March 1st. Have they already had a 1st batch though?

Does anyone know how long these are eye to eye?  If only Tamiya would list their shock dimensions it would make planning upgrades much easier.

On 11/25/2020 at 8:32 AM, Avante2001R said:

Probably get discontinued in a few weeks knowing Tamiya lol

None left already

On 12/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, Wandy said:

Did the UK stores ever get these in stock? Just looked on Modelsport's website and it now says they are not due now until March 1st. Have they already had a 1st batch though?

No the UK was shafted. In fact tamiya shafts everybody with all their desirable products by never making enough 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

RC jazz has them now. Just ordered a set. £35. Great value and only £8 delivery to uk

Thankyou so much bro!

I just bought 4 more sets. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, No Slack said:

www.rcjaz.com Is this site you mean? Is this a trusted internet shop to buy the hicaps?

Yes mate I used them many times 

they were the cheapest for years 

good site 

5 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

RC jazz has them now. Just ordered a set. £35. Great value and only £8 delivery to uk

Just grabbed a couple of sets. Hopefully they get here before Xmas.

Have to say, whatever you think of this Vanquish re-re, I don't think it will be around for very long. Can see it being like the Black SuperClod earlier in the year.....blink & you missed it. Those kits are already fetching nearly £400 on ebay  - not far off twice the retail price -  and I could see these VQS kits going for £500+ this time next year. It always happens with these limited kits...as soon as they are discontinued & unavailable the price quickly rockets.

11 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Have to say, whatever you think of this Vanquish re-re, I don't think it will be around for very long. Can see it being like the Black SuperClod earlier in the year.....blink & you missed it. Those kits are already fetching nearly £400 on ebay  - not far off twice the retail price -  and I could see these VQS kits going for £500+ this time next year. It always happens with these limited kits...as soon as they are discontinued & unavailable the price quickly rockets.

Black clod buster is in stock now at tamico mate 

£247 delivered! 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wandy said:

Just grabbed a couple of sets. Hopefully they get here before Xmas.

Me too! What other cars can these go on? 

22 minutes ago, xray mark said:

Black clod buster is in stock now at tamico mate 

£247 delivered! 

Ah really? Well I already have a kit so I'm good...but thanks for the heads-up anyway.

I guess the people paying over the odds on ebay don't know about the Tamico stock... :ph34r:

6 hours ago, slimleeroy said:

No the UK was shafted. In fact tamiya shafts everybody with all their desirable products by never making enough 

UK eBay scalpers are selling them for double the price right now. 

If the UK stores like Modelsport still haven't had any stock whatsoever then surely they will get some eventually? :wacko:

6 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Avante. Egress. 2001. Astute. Terra dragon etc 

there’s a full list in Tamiya base if you search for  hi caps 

I just put a set oN my top force revolution clone using custom low profile front shock tower 

EE845986-F1B9-45A6-8A46-9C28505BAAF6.jpeg

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

Avante, Egress, Astute & Avante 2001 as far as I am aware. Specific damper-stays required for each buggy though.

3 minutes ago, Avante2001R said:

UK eBay scalpers are selling them for double the price right now. 

I hate to be thought of as a scalper but I grabbed a couple of extra sets to trade for bits I. Need 

6 hours ago, xray mark said:

I hate to be thought of as a scalper but I grabbed a couple of extra sets to trade for bits I. Need 

That’s not scalping. I’m talking about people buying several sets and then put them up on eBay double or triple the price - they do it as a business. Not talking about discontinued items here - they will always go up in value. 

6 hours ago, Wandy said:

If the UK stores like Modelsport still haven't had any stock whatsoever then surely they will get some eventually? :wacko:

Tony’s Tamiya were expecting them in October now it will be spring time next year. Guess the UK importers are at the back of the queue.