Nicadraus

XV-01RS - C/F Special

Got this used XV-01 last week. While still gathering some hop-up parts and waiting for a few more including the ESC, servo and motor, I decided to start working on it.

First was disassemble the entire kit and clean all the parts one by one.

aXPtKQXh.jpg

rE5xpoGh.jpg

YKu6Rfqh.jpg

Sq5nRmIh.jpg

UEjKacth.jpg

Installed aluminum suspension mounts

qLhIP7oh.jpg

d323wRih.jpg

108CB85h.jpg

Next was the aluminum steering set

1gaNLMjh.jpg

0ort2aIh.jpg

Cleaned all the gears and differential. Applied 10k oil in the rear diff and 30k for the front diff.

tsQlfzCh.jpg

Changed the diff outdrive bearings to sealed type

r0g688sh.jpg

NrWFyJrh.jpg

Rear gear box cleaned and assembled. Installed aluminum pulley

7daGJSFh.jpg

g8vRPhgh.jpg

zP8KMfVh.jpg

Test fit of the YR shock gear 65mm dampers.

AB5sOjRh.jpg

Created a new upper suspension arm. I like it. :)

lbEvloCh.jpg

These two just arrived today as I was working on this kit. Perfect timing!

86DdMpzh.jpg

• Like 9

Front...

HwuhG3Jh.jpg

t6GkukSh.jpg

U9WK38th.jpg

Rear...

ObxzZTXh.jpg

Upcoming parts:

- Carbon fiber rear damper stay

- Carbon fiber front bulkhead

- Steel bevel diff gears (front)

- Aluminum motor plate (blue)

- Aluminum differential unit cover (front)

• Like 11

Very cool.

Some late night shopping a few weeks ago saw me order an XV01 Long Damper spec from Tamico, at the moment it's hidden in the boot of my company car away from my Mrs! 

Are the alloy suspension blocks essential? I had trouble finding anyone with all 4 in stock, looked at aftermarket but the codes seem different and I was totally baffled :wacko:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Nice,  I have an XV01 Lancia Delta waiting to be built.  I bought it 3 years ago but I think the thought of detailing the body keeps putting me off starting it. 

I bought aluminium suspension mounts and slipper clutch a few weeks ago so I'm getting closer to starting.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Very cool.

Some late night shopping a few weeks ago saw me order an XV01 Long Damper spec from Tamico, at the moment it's hidden in the boot of my company car away from my Mrs! 

Are the alloy suspension blocks essential? I had trouble finding anyone with all 4 in stock, looked at aftermarket but the codes seem different and I was totally baffled :wacko:

I'm doing the same with a TB02 stashed in the work's van 😂😂

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Very cool.

Yes aluminum suspension mounts are indeed essential and will keep your arms and chassis rigid and intact.

5 hours ago, 78Triumph said:

What body are you planning to run on this car?

I currently have a used Lancia Delta and another one which I painted to plain body yellow and installed a full light kit last year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, davidwj95 said:

Nice,  I have an XV01 Lancia Delta waiting to be built.  I bought it 3 years ago but I think the thought of detailing the body keeps putting me off starting it. 

I bought aluminium suspension mounts and slipper clutch a few weeks ago so I'm getting closer to starting.

Would like to see that build too. 😉

Starting to look like a car now...

xX2bXxph.jpg

UZvvp6gh.jpg

Replaced (almost all) screws with hex. I'll eventually replace all top screws with blue aluminum. One at a time. ;)

yWeKuGLh.jpg

OuzEsjmh.jpg

My friend's XV which I am rebuilding soon. Will also put upgrades into it once the parts from RCMart arrives.

h4QU3tXh.jpg

1IZcDFoh.jpg

ubH8hOEh.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, TwistedxSlayer said:

I'm doing the same with a TB02 stashed in the work's van 😂😂

I had TB01 under my desk for so long it got the nickname 'footrest'. It made it home eventually...into the loft. 

• Haha 4

Today I made a carbon fiber bumper brace for my friend's XV and a carbon fiber bulk head brace for mine using 2.5mm cf board and Dremel.

l5aiFYWh.jpg

aVIw506h.jpg

r7rttwxh.jpg

Eu19tKzh.jpg

630nX2Kh.jpg

zDaaZUWh.jpg

VdkMO8Jh.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

That’s some seriously cool fabrication. What Dremel bits did you use to shape the CF? And would a brace like that work with the enclosed drivetrain parts (I see your drive belt / pulley is exposed like on the TC version)?

4 hours ago, ChrisRx718 said:

That’s some seriously cool fabrication. What Dremel bits did you use to shape the CF? And would a brace like that work with the enclosed drivetrain parts (I see your drive belt / pulley is exposed like on the TC version)?

I use metal cutter, metal drill with bronze tip and grinder. Then 400 and 800 grit sandpaper to refine the edges. The brace is patterned on the plastic brace so no hindrance issues to any parts. I'll be putting on the belt cover once this build is finished. I still have to replace the plastic bevel gears in the front diff as soon as it arrives as well as other parts in order from RCMart.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

I use metal cutter, metal drill with bronze tip and grinder. Then 400 and 800 grit sandpaper to refine the edges. The brace is patterned on the plastic brace so no hindrance issues to any parts. I'll be putting on the belt cover once this build is finished. I still have to replace the plastic bevel gears in the front diff as soon as it arrives as well as other parts in order from RCMart.

Which is the metal cutter? Is that one of the wheels? Would you mind posting some pics? I have made a few things but yours look a lot better and I have a few bits in mind for the TA07.

I always like your builds, those custom parts are great

5 hours ago, Jonathon Gillham said:

Which is the metal cutter? Is that one of the wheels? Would you mind posting some pics? I have made a few things but yours look a lot better and I have a few bits in mind for the TA07.

I always like your builds, those custom parts are great

Thank you!

The cutting wheel is the #456-EZ.

ewUZTghh.jpg

There are two types of 456. The 456-01 and the 456-EZ. I'm using the EZ as it's safer and more effective. You just need to get the EZ-lock shaft.

456-01

456-01.jpg

456-EZ with EZ-lock shaft set

61DByimJeKL._AC_SY355_.jpg

• Like 2

New on-road wheels and semi-new tires for this baby

0k756fuh.jpg

with its front-motor cousins

aQyHPenh.jpg

jyiAea5h.jpg

• Like 4

Nice build, tempted to find one of these! 

Once I'm done with my current projects :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wez-li said:

Nice build, tempted to find one of these! 

Once I'm done with my current projects :rolleyes::lol:

Thanks! :)

So this arrived today...

cWJ0Vb2h.jpg

b4RAH3ch.jpg

Still waiting for the servo and some upgrade parts then this is going to be a runner.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Nicadraus said:

New on-road wheels and semi-new tires for this baby

0k756fuh.jpg

with its front-motor cousins

aQyHPenh.jpg

jyiAea5h.jpg

Too much blue!!! Atenista? 

Great customization skills!

8 hours ago, burakol said:

Too much blue!!! Atenista? 

Great customization skills!

Thanks bro! I'm actually Lasallista from LSGH. :)

• Like 1

Servo has arrived. Time to install it together with the ESC. But before that...

Shortened the wires...

0AFZ1iUh.jpg

Braided wrapped...

5eyiZdmh.jpg

Ordered this universal aluminum servo mount with a CF plate (2.5mm). I actually thought of doing something similar but good thing I found this. It'll raise the servo a little and will also make the mount more stabilized and reinforced.

KA21FVgh.jpg

3Mr2NAAh.jpg

This car will be a runner really soon. Still changing some screws and redo the braided wrap from ESC to motor. I also ordered some bullet connectors as well as x60 connectors. Meanwhile, no word yet from my RCMart order.

• Like 1

Nice stuff! Good to see that I am not the only one getting his hands black from cf dust.

• Like 1

Is it an easy job shortening the servo wires,also I like that braiding where can I order that from 👍

• Like 1