Nicadraus

XV-01RS - C/F Special

14 hours ago, ploots said:

Is it an easy job shortening the servo wires,also I like that braiding where can I order that from 👍

Shortening the wires just requires soldering. If you know how to solder, you can do it. Use a 30w soldering iron to de-solder and solder the servo wires.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ploots said:

What size is the braiding 

6mm and 12mm

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Nicadraus said:

6mm and 12mm

👍thanks 

Wow!  That's the cleanest looking wiring job I've ever seen!  The matching color wire braiding is sharp!  Well done, sir!

• Like 1

Very nice build, love the carbon. 

This may be a dumb question, but what bodies can you fit to an XV01? Would a TT01 spec Subaru WRX fit for example?

1 hour ago, 78Triumph said:

Wow!  That's the cleanest looking wiring job I've ever seen!  The matching color wire braiding is sharp!  Well done, sir!

Thank you buddy! 😉

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rjg1973 said:

Very nice build, love the carbon. 

This may be a dumb question, but what bodies can you fit to an XV01? Would a TT01 spec Subaru WRX fit for example?

Yes, most (if not all) 190mm touring/rally bodies will fit the XV.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, rjg1973 said:

Cool, thanks. Inspired by your work on this I reckon I’ll build an XV01 chassis for my Subie and go find some gravel. 

https://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom_model.asp?cid=132869&id=29570

I hope so @rjg1973 cos that's the same body I've bought for my XV01 Long Damper kit :D

Currently still hiding it from my wife in the boot of my company car :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did a small detail add-on. Carbon fiber fan guard.

qLrM4Fth.jpg

Did the same to my FF-03Pro-R before.

9V5GLWMh.jpg

• Like 3

What made you decide on that speed control. I have one on my crawler, but never thought about putting it on a roadie. Nice build by the way. Excellent attention to detail.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, woppini said:

What made you decide on that speed control. I have one on my crawler, but never thought about putting it on a roadie. Nice build by the way. Excellent attention to detail.

Thank you!

As for your question, I have three 1060 in some of my kits. They're great. But I wanted something programmable, waterproof just like the 1060 and a little more appeal with reputable brand but not too expensive. I think the 1080 is the perfect choice. Can't go wrong at $40. Also, some of my friends run their XVs with this ESC which actually gave me the idea.

I remember spending over $200 on an ESC back in 2006, the Twister 2.1 Hara (KO Propo VFS-1 Pro Competition). Now, I won't spend over $100 on an ESC anymore. Although I have two Toro TS160. But those were just given to me by a friend who owns one of the local hobby shops here. He used them for a race and he said he'd give me a brushless ESC and motor if ever I come back to the hobby. Which I did. :)

• Like 1

On 8/7/2020 at 6:13 PM, 78Triumph said:

x 2. You have some of the cleanest looking builds @Nicadraus. Great job!

• Like 3

TRYING not to beat the dead Horse in compliments.... 

I really wish there was a LOVE button!!! 😁 It's truly Art on Wheels.🏆👏👏👏  I THOUGHT I did neat Wiring, till I saw yours.  I really wanted a FF-03 before, but now I'm anxious until I get the chance... 

I still haven't been able to get my FIRST HW-1080... 😞  I do use 1060s in nearly everything except my Wraith, which is Brushless.  I had fitted a 1060 on my M05... and FORGOT I left the Drag Brake set!! 😲  You ever run a FWD Car with a Drag Brake?? It's a Hair raising experience!

• Like 1

Parts from RCMart have arrived. So I installed them on my and my friend's XV too.

egfvQWfh.jpg

Rear carbon fiber shock towers

UqO5kqBh.jpg

Steel bevel gears TA-06/FF-03/FF-04/XV-01

FX0G1Nyh.jpg

Some 420 stuff for my FF-03 Pro-R

B1bwFoRh.jpg

Aluminum suspension mounts/blocks - This is a bang for the buck. I'm using original Tamiya on mine but this YR is just the same in terms of quality, accuracy and performance for less than half the price of the Tamiya.

CO0MovYh.jpg

3i4nuguh.jpg

fjq5DLRh.jpg

Installing steel bevel gears for the front diff on both kits...

NYCdQPSh.jpg

SSrTwFch.jpg

With 30k oil

5tB1WPWh.jpg

Two happy XVs - I also gave him my other carbon fiber bulkhead brace.

SGBthwzh.jpg

CcyWEEQh.jpg

xGF4nDdh.jpg

7gUWlhWh.jpg

cCS2yaAh.jpg

dVve1n5h.jpg

bhFiXQHh.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

SOME AWESOME FRIEND you are!!!! 😁😲  They both look so good. I am so jonseing for an Ex Vee Oh Three even MORE now!

• Like 1

Looking great. I'm waiting on those same suspension blocks from Rcmart so again happy to read that they're decent. I would have gone 100% Tamiya but there were a couple out of stock.

Have you seen the stuff for sale on AliExpress under the brand "TPRC"? 

They have a carbon front gearbox mount, carbon plate to go over the steering assembly, carbon towers front and rear, rear gearbox support and a bulkhead brace very similar to your design but with extra holes for mounting a fan. 

I've ordered the latter (£11) but can't afford to spend more on my XV at this time. The carbon parts would undoubtedly appeal for your build though! B)

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Carmine A said:

SOME AWESOME FRIEND you are!!!! 😁😲  They both look so good. I am so jonseing for an Ex Vee Oh Three even MORE now!

Thanks! The XV is a fun kit to drive. It ca be very behaved and it can be wild. It'll do the characteristics you want it to do depending on your driving. I noticed that this car adjusts to your driving manner. Really impressive.

4 minutes ago, ChrisRx718 said:

Looking great. I'm waiting on those same suspension blocks from Rcmart so again happy to read that they're decent. I would have gone 100% Tamiya but there were a couple out of stock.

Have you seen the stuff for sale on AliExpress under the brand "TPRC"? 

They have a carbon front gearbox mount, carbon plate to go over the steering assembly, carbon towers front and rear, rear gearbox support and a bulkhead brace very similar to your design but with extra holes for mounting a fan. 

I've ordered the latter (£11) but can't afford to spend more on my XV at this time. The carbon parts would undoubtedly appeal for your build though! B)

Yup I the YR suspension blocks are really nice. They are so worth it just like other YR parts that are actually good alternative for Tamiya.

I saw the TPRC carbon fiber parts. They actually look very nice and decent and price isn't bad at all.

• Thanks 1

A close Friend, Mark Bryan, has the FF-03. (Maybe you've heard of him around YouTube?) He says about the same thing... 

Watching it run almost defies LOGIC!! 😲  For a FWD Car, it handles BETTER than most AWD Cars!

On 8/16/2020 at 12:54 AM, Carmine A said:

A close Friend, Mark Bryan, has the FF-03. (Maybe you've heard of him around YouTube?) He says about the same thing... 

Watching it run almost defies LOGIC!! 😲  For a FWD Car, it handles BETTER than most AWD Cars!

Yup I've seen his videos. :)

• Like 1