Ray McCaleb

Grand Hauler Front Fog Lights

I am nearing completion of a Grand Hauler build, mostly stock. I have installed the MFC 01 and would like to use the front fog lights but the stock GH bumper lacks mounts. I would like to hear what others have done. Considering after market bumper or drilling the GH bumper and building light buckets. As an alternative, will an unmodified King Hauler bumper solve the issue? TIA 

King hauler bumper would do the job if you don't want to go down the route of modding your existing one.

3 hours ago, Nick G said:

King hauler bumper would do the job if you don't want to go down the route of modding your existing one.

Thanks, Nick, that is my likely direction at this point. I do like the looks of some of the aftermarket accessories including the front bumper with fog lights, but they  are polished aluminum and I am not sure how that will look with the stock chromed pieces.

Now, to find a stock KH bumper someone will part with.

• Like 1

I got 3mm chrome led holders. They work perfect if you need. Just drill the front bumper. 

On 7/29/2020 at 12:14 AM, JNSD1 said:

I got 3mm chrome led holders. They work perfect if you need. Just drill the front bumper. 

Thanks for the offer. I have a King Hauler bumper coming from Bob. I will install the fog lights in it and see if I like the look. If I decide to go back to the Grand Hauler bumper I will certainly be in touch.     Ray

I installed the King Hauler front bumper with fog lights. I also decided to use the half rear fenders with mud flaps. I like the look. Thanks for the input.

Ray

39E0DB23-FE9C-4578-958C-F3A4957E76CF.jpeg

• Like 2

It's not bad you went with half fender/mud flaps instead of fenders. I read in another post you are getting a flatbed trailer and motorized legs. The motorized legs will gouge the fenders any way. (one of them)But they really add to the realism.

7 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

It's not bad you went with half fender/mud flaps instead of fenders. I read in another post you are getting a flatbed trailer and motorized legs. The motorized legs will gouge the fenders any way. (one of them)But they really add to the realism.

And, I like the look...a bit more old school. I was not aware that the fenders would limit operation, but that is good to know.

10 hours ago, Tamiya Fan 1 said:

i have full fenders on my grand hauler and motirized legs on my flatbed trailer and they dont catch at all 

Hi topforcein

Did you do any thing special to it? There is a screw that gouged out my FH-12 fender backing up and turning. The Grand Hauler also said something about i in the manual. I've read it in forums to.

Did you go wireless or anything? Don't want to give out bad info.

• Like 1

no nothing both are built as per kit instructions and yes it does say to use the short fenders but the full fenders are one of the reasons i brought the grand hauler 

IMG_20200828_161430.jpg

IMG_20200828_161509.jpg

• Like 1