Mokei Kagaku

VQS (2020) in Tamiya's pipeline.

6 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Manual is up. At least it has ball bearings.

and the expensive but very good Rere driveshafts!:lol:

• Like 1

I love RC mart they package the boxes in expensive padding, their customer service is exemplarly, and they are great people to work with. Worth it for me.

1 hour ago, rwordenjr said:

Tower has shipped my vqs ! 

Nice,.I didn't check, how much were they getting it for? 

12 minutes ago, GTodd said:

Nice,.I didn't check, how much were they getting it for? 

I got mine for $262 

Just got an email with a DHL tracking number - mines been shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2020 just improved no end woo hoo!!!!!

Now off to the other thread to complain about the price.

• Haha 5

I can’t remember if I get stung by rc mart for import fees? 
do you guys get away with it? 
I think I got away with my Avante 

1 hour ago, xray mark said:

I can’t remember if I get stung by rc mart for import fees? 
do you guys get away with it? 
I think I got away with my Avante 

Seems random to me, ordered a few times over last few months, only been stung for customs once. In my case the order I paid for rapid delivery on was the one that got stung and customs kept it at Coventry for weeks. In contrast the orders that I didn't pay express delivery on arrived quicker and didn't attract customs charges despite being more valuable!!! Complete luck of the draw?

4 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Just got an email with a DHL tracking number - mines been shipped!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2020 just improved no end woo hoo!!!!!

Now off to the other thread to complain about the price.

Do you mean tamico? if so 
did yours say in stock or in stock from supplier 4 to 8 days? 

1 hour ago, xray mark said:

Do you mean tamico? if so 
did yours say in stock or in stock from supplier 4 to 8 days? 

Yes Tamico - i preordered mine about four months ago or whenever it was first announced. I dont recall ever seeing any stock dates other than it originally being late october then pretty sure last time I looked it was 30th november so slightly earlier than anticipated.

Towerhobbies label their stock of VQS as backorder.  Did I miss the boat again😔?

45 minutes ago, Pinoy808 said:

Towerhobbies label their stock of VQS as backorder.  Did I miss the boat again😔?

May have, that's where I got mine. 

I got mine 2 days ago, the box got slightly damaged😔

• Sad 1

Tower's new web site is terrible compared to their old one, especially when viewing orders that you have made.  I have an old order still in "OPEN" status even though I've received all items.  Another old order is in "NEW" status even though I received all items.

I can see pending charges today on my credit card for the VQS kits I have on backorder but the order status page still shows as "backorder".  As we all know, Tower only charges when they are about to ship, so I know the kits are pending shipping.

Ignore what your order status says on the Tower web site.  It's wrong most of the time.

• Like 1

I'm still waiting for Tower to add Canada back as a shipping option useable with easy pay. They added my Canadian address and I could place my order with them over chat but couldn't do easy pay. If it wasn't for their website change over I would have preordered back when they first listed it. 

This is oddly reminding me of the re-re Blackfoot grill issue. While I sympathized with those unhappy with the change, not having an original meant I didn't fully understand it. Now I get it and I'm getting the feelings from a silly box of all things. The original Vanquish was one of my most anticipated Tamiyas (my only Christmas present that year and only possible after it had been discounted to $99 back then). After seeing "VQS" on the box plus all the business about the pre done body, it just messed up the illusion for me. Utterly ridiculous, I know.

21 hours ago, markturbo said:

I'm still waiting for Tower to add Canada back as a shipping option useable with easy pay. They added my Canadian address and I could place my order with them over chat but couldn't do easy pay. If it wasn't for their website change over I would have preordered back when they first listed it. 

Try zoom room hobbies in Ontario. They have a vqs in stock.  I’ve gotten a few kits from those guys. Awesome to work with. Fast shipping too.

Finished my chassis today after starting yesterday morning.

The useless beigy grey servo saver is only fit for the bin. They must have made so many of these after the last 30 years i imagine the voids in the moulds are 50% bigger than they were on the first run - so much play in it that i tried gluing the rings together but the kit comes with a fixed servo arm so just used that.

The steering assembly on stage 44 - you will need to fit a couple of washers under parts bd13 otherwise the screw end of the ball stud in the pivot scrapes on the tub. It actually clips and binds on the edge where the front gearbox meets the tub. Another option is to hacksaw of the stud once you have secured with the nut.

Now onto the body.......

20201129_124253.jpg

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

The useless beigy grey servo saver is only fit for the bin. They must have made so many of these after the last 30 years i imagine the voids in the moulds are 50% bigger than they were on the first run - so much play in it that i tried gluing the rings together but the kit comes with a fixed servo arm so just used that.

The steering assembly on stage 44 - you will need to fit a couple of washers under parts bd13 otherwise the screw end of the ball stud in the pivot scrapes on the tub. It actually clips and binds on the edge where the front gearbox meets the tub. Another option is to hacksaw of the stud once you have secured with the nut.

Now onto the body.......

20201129_124253.jpg

I’ve just posted this picture in this Facebook saying 

to the people knocking the vqs as a cheap knockoff I’d refer them to this picture 

a £40 set of shocks and it looks this good 

people on there are loving it!

this  picture convinced me to pull the trigger 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Now onto the body.......

20201129_124253.jpg

How has the build been so far ? Pretty straight forward ?

• Like 1