Mokei Kagaku

VQS (2020) in Tamiya's pipeline.

27 minutes ago, xray mark said:

I’ve just posted this picture in this Facebook saying 

to the people knocking the vqs as a cheap knockoff I’d refer them to this picture 

a £40 set of shocks and it looks this good 

people on there are loving it!

this  picture convinced me to pull the trigger 

Thanks - yeah it does feel great quality and it does look pretty good. Obviously it doesnt have the carbon plates of the egress and avante but then it isnt an egress or avante. It does have a plastic tub which I actually really like. Everything is tucked inside nicely - its really stealthy looking. In fact the lack of contrast on all that black has really been making me question my eyesight on the small parts.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, rwordenjr said:

How has the build been so far ? Pretty straight forward ?

Yes very - once again the fit and quality of the Tamiya parts is very good and the manual is top notch as always.

My only criticism if any would be;

It needs a high torque servo saver (but then so does the Avante)

The are a couple of plastic and metal bushes on the gears. I actually kept these in this time rather than replace for ball bearings only becausethey are kept deep inside the gearboxes away ftom dirt. An easy swap if needed.

The above mentioned washers I fitted under the steering pivots to raise them above the tub.

The c hubs and shock towers should be FRP at least. But then it sounds like these were weaknesses on the original and 3rd party upgrades are readily available. Suppose they could have changed them to the style of those on the egress /avante but as above it isnt one of those.

Theoretically those yellow vqs dampers could go on an astute replica , could they not? I’d sell mine for £30 and get more hicaps 

2 hours ago, xray mark said:

I’ve just posted this picture in this Facebook saying 

to the people knocking the vqs as a cheap knockoff I’d refer them to this picture 

a £40 set of shocks and it looks this good 

people on there are loving it!

this  picture convinced me to pull the trigger 

Looks good, still all plastic and no way would I burn £390 on such a kit. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Superluminal said:

It was about £270 when I ordered it not £390!!!!!

£349 for the kit and £40 typically for the dampers. If you paid £270 that’s a better deal but I still wouldn’t pay that for one :). 

Bought an Avante Z parts cockpit set to go in it. Had to extend the rear seat with styrene sheet to reuse the screw hole in the shell and a hole in the front to locate over the peg in the shock tower (which ive no idea why its there unless its used the same part from a different kit)

Ive never been keen on the original driver for the Vanquish - mans cant race a cars with a screw through his head!!

20201129_164256.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Ive never been keen on the original driver for the Vanquish - mans cant race a cars with a screw through his head!!

Lol, yeah , that and you can clearly see it just a bust hanging in there. I am supposed to believe this tiny man can pilot a beauty like the Vanquish without even arms?! I can only suspend disbelief so much!:D

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

17 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Bought an Avante Z parts cockpit set to go in it. Had to extend the rear seat with styrene sheet to reuse the screw hole in the shell and a hole in the front to locate over the peg in the shock tower (which ive no idea why its there unless its used the same part from a different kit)

20201129_164256.jpg

Nice detail work with the driver, any pics already of it fitted?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Yarp

20201129_155533.jpg

Does Yarp mean yes? The carbon brace does look like the Race steering one, but the levers are not, as it looks? I think they are original Vanquish?

39 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Does Yarp mean yes?

Yarp

I knew the carbon bit and the pivot bushings are the same - cant recall what thd difference in the levers are though will have to compare at some point.

Will take a pic of the driver fitted tonight. Was waiting for some filler to dry on it before sanding and paint.

I had to saw off the pegs and raised bits off the bottom of the driver as it was clashing with the servo. Its still a very tight fit and thinking I may need a low profile servo but its difgicult to see (the pre painted body doesnt help)

5 minutes ago, Superluminal said:

Yarp

I knew the carbon bit and the pivot bushings are the same - cant recall what thd difference in the levers are though will have to compare at some point.

Will take a pic of the driver fitted tonight. Was waiting for some filler to dry on it before sanding and paint.

I had to saw off the pegs and raised bits off the bottom of the driver as it was clashing with the servo. Its still a very tight fit and thinking I may need a low profile servo but its difgicult to see (the pre painted body doesnt help)

Thanks for the infos! The race steering levers you can identify, if they are able to take the 4+4 850 ball bearings. So they are a little beafier and with a rib design.

I had the same problem with the driver / servo and ended up using a low profile servo mounted from below the upper deck. 

You can see it in pic 4 in my showroom Vanquish. And yes, forgot to add the screw/topplate of the Servo saver for the pic.:lol:

58076: Vanquish from ruebiracer showroom, My Vanquish runner - Tamiya RC & Radio Control Cars (tamiyaclub.com)

Kind regards,

Matthias

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Thanks for the infos! The race steering levers you can identify, if they are able to take the 4+4 850 ball bearings. So they are a little beafier and with a rib design.

I had the same problem with the driver / servo and ended up using a low profile servo mounted from below the upper deck. 

You can see it in pic 4 in my showroom Vanquish. And yes, forgot to add the screw/topplate of the Servo saver for the pic.:lol:

58076: Vanquish from ruebiracer showroom, My Vanquish runner - Tamiya RC & Radio Control Cars (tamiyaclub.com)

Kind regards,

Matthias

That looks lovely! The yellow springs really set it off - what paint did you use? Has it been flexible enough not to flake off?

1 minute ago, Superluminal said:

That looks lovely! The yellow springs really set it off - what paint did you use? Has it been flexible enough not to flake off?

Thank you! Yes, it worked probably quite o.k., because I used the already gold painted Egress / Hicap springs as base. Just degreased, and sprayed with a rest of Tamiya yellow Lexan spray. But time will tell!:lol:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ruebiracer said:

Thank you! Yes, it worked probably quite o.k., because I used the already gold painted Egress / Hicap springs as base. Just degreased, and sprayed with a rest of Tamiya yellow Lexan spray. But time will tell!:lol:

Might be borrowing that :ph34r: