Mokei Kagaku

VQS (2020) in Tamiya's pipeline.

14 minutes ago, CarlitoDiaz said:

Like people put Ferrari badge on Fiat 😂

Those dirty rotten scumbags :angry:

9048604-abu-dhabi-uae-december-10-ferrari-f1-car-on-display-during-abu-dhabi-int-l-motor-show-2010-at-abu-dh.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I don't agree with China just ripping off Tamiya branded goods however I generally look at a price and think, if it looks too cheap it will be junk but it might satisfy a requirement that doesn't involve quality, durability or performance. The cheap chinese motors are often no better than stock silver cans regardless of the specs they claim. However if you know that in advance fair enough. I prefer my genuine motors, whether they be Reedy or Tamiya etc. You can have a motor claiming to be a 19T but when the car gets annihilated by my Reedy 19T then you can't really complain. For shelf queens they are fine. :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mud4fun said:

I don't agree with China just ripping off Tamiya branded goods however I generally look at a price and think, if it looks too cheap it will be junk but it might satisfy a requirement that doesn't involve quality, durability or performance. The cheap chinese motors are often no better than stock silver cans regardless of the specs they claim. However if you know that in advance fair enough. I prefer my genuine motors, whether they be Reedy or Tamiya etc. You can have a motor claiming to be a 19T but when the car gets annihilated by my Reedy 19T then you can't really complain. For shelf queens they are fine. :)

That’s quite ironic because in the modern day reedy take cheap Chinese products, put there sticker on and sell them for 10x the price. I would never buy modern reedy stuff. 

1 minute ago, xray mark said:

That’s quite ironic because in the modern day reedy take cheap Chinese products, put there sticker on and sell them for 10x the price. I would never buy modern reedy stuff. 

My Reedy 19T quad mag specs are all early 2000 vintage and are excellent motors, unmatched by modern 19T brushed 'equivalents'  IMHO, in part because manufacturers now concentrate their development efforts on brushless.

I can assure you that I've tested cheap chinese motors and they are barely capable of bettering a stock silver can on both GPS tests and track use. I have several that claim to be 13T, pure joke, they can barely match the silver cans and are light years away from matching a genuine 13T motor. But then if you pay £10 for something that claims to offer the same performance as a £130 motor what do you expect. Basically great for giving to the kids if you can get them cheaper than silver cans BUT even my youngest daughter refuses to use them and prefers her Reedy or Tamiya motors!

There is a world of difference between a quality assured motor manufactured in Chinese factory adhering to US or UK standards and a very cheap copy made in a slum.

• Like 1

mud4fun The reedy motors from the late 90's through the early 2000's were awesome and easily my favorites... sonics, kryptons etc!  Quad mag 19t was very good too.  Nowdays most brushed motors are junk "unless" they are crawler related :p  I see one motor that keeps popping up on ebay, a T5 "tuning engine zero yokomo" motor, hand wound, etc... most sellers seem to be from Germany.  This motor is not available in the U.S. but supposedly it is made in Japan.  I find it tough to feel sorry for Tamiya in getting ripped off... because I never thought it would be tough to find a simple black can "sports tuned" motor.  But yet here we are, where a sports tuned motor is a worthless looking silver can with a sticker.  I hate to say or admit it, but from purely asthetic or looks goes, the china motors are better.  I have a fox that is without a motor, and it's sad that I can't find a authentic sports tuned to stick in it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xray mark said:

To put sticker on a $6 Chinese motor pretending to be a Dynatech? I would buy the real thing or buy something else. Not into fake things. 🙂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CarlitoDiaz said:

To put sticker on a $6 Chinese motor pretending to be a Dynatech? I would buy the real thing or buy something else. Not into fake things. 🙂

That’s your prerogative but I have too many cars to spend £150 on a new dynatech for all

of them and I don’t like to buy used items. 

Its to go on display on the shelf. I’m happy with it so it’s nobody else’s business . 

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Those dirty rotten scumbags :angry:

9048604-abu-dhabi-uae-december-10-ferrari-f1-car-on-display-during-abu-dhabi-int-l-motor-show-2010-at-abu-dh.jpg

The wife had an abarth 500 (fiat) for a few years it was fantastic little car an absolute little rocket! I was going to keep it for myself when she decided to part ex but it was worth to much and made the her new car cheaper to buy! she has a fiat 500x sport now and again a brilliant car (I would never own one without a warranty though but then I would never own any modern car these days without a warranty?......to much technology in them!)

As self proclaimed "Biggest Fan" of the Vanquish......ever since I started racing a mini-4WD one in 89.....I just gotta say I really can't believe that they changed the name to VQS. This has to be the worst idea in Tamiya history. I feel so let down. 2020 strikes again.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 94eg! said:

As self proclaimed "Biggest Fan" of the Vanquish......ever since I started racing a mini-4WD one in 89.....I just gotta say I really can't believe that they changed the name to VQS. This has to be the worst idea in Tamiya history. I feel so let down. 2020 strikes again.

I thought that Aston Martin must have copywrited the Vanquish name😔

Well well, I've got a VQS coming from tower for $262. It'll be along time before I get around to building it but at least I'll have it. If they sell fast, may sell it for a profit instead. 

20 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Well well, I've got a VQS coming from tower for $262. It'll be along time before I get around to building it but at least I'll have it. If they sell fast, may sell it for a profit instead. 

Wow that's $30 cheaper than the backorder I have. That new coupon for $75 is way better than the $45 I used back in August.  I need to cancel my backorders and re-order or otherwise get Tower to adjust the coupon.  Thanks for the info, you saved me $30 x 2 (for 2 orders)!

1 hour ago, Champ85 said:

Wow that's $30 cheaper than the backorder I have. That new coupon for $75 is way better than the $45 I used back in August.  I need to cancel my backorders and re-order or otherwise get Tower to adjust the coupon.  Thanks for the info, you saved me $30 x 2 (for 2 orders)!

Nice ! Happy to help. You going to run yours ? 

22 hours ago, rwordenjr said:

Nice ! Happy to help. You going to run yours ? 

Yes, I run every kit that I build.  Problem is, I have no idea when I'll get around to building this one.  :D  Way too many in front of it.

So Tower responded to only one of my order change requests and told me they adjusted the coupon as I requested, but looking at the order now it's exactly the same as it was so I can't tell that they did anything.  Sigh... I hate the new Tower website.  Can't cancel a backorder, some links don't work right, plus always pop-ups pestering for email sign-ups.

I just did a live chat and got verification that one of my requests was done.  It's all done in the back end so the customer can't see it (brilliant).  And they merged my second request thinking I created a duplicate ticket by mistake, so a request was made by the live chat rep to have the support person change my 2nd order too.  Hopefully it's sorted.

39 minutes ago, Champ85 said:

Yes, I run every kit that I build.  Problem is, I have no idea when I'll get around to building this one.  :D  Way too many in front of it.

So Tower responded to only one of my order change requests and told me they adjusted the coupon as I requested, but looking at the order now it's exactly the same as it was so I can't tell that they did anything.  Sigh... I hate the new Tower website.  Can't cancel a backorder, some links don't work right, plus always pop-ups pestering for email sign-ups.

I just did a live chat and got verification that one of my requests was done.  It's all done in the back end so the customer can't see it (brilliant).  And they merged my second request thinking I created a duplicate ticket by mistake, so a request was made by the live chat rep to have the support person change my 2nd order too.  Hopefully it's sorted.

I’m sure it will be. They told me 11/19 is when the vqs will be in. We’ll see !

Any news if we'll see spare bodies in clear available or just the pre-painted ones (likely from kit-breakers as Tamiya seems lax about producing spares of any kind of late)?

5 hours ago, Saito2 said:

Any news if we'll see spare bodies in clear available or just the pre-painted ones (likely from kit-breakers as Tamiya seems lax about producing spares of any kind of late)?

Most likely the pre painted kit breakers 

I don't know if its been mentioned in this topic yet, but the body is fully painted black. Tamiya USA has opened kit box pics and the silver around the canopy is a pair of stickers now it appears.

@Saito2 you can get vanquish shells and wings from TBG if you need a clear one. I'm just about to paint one for my daughter's car, will post pictures early next week in my build thread. They are slightly smaller than original shells and not quite as sharp but perfectly good for runners.

I have two of their Avante2001 shells. I actually prefer the TBG shell to the original in all honesty, the smaller dimensions and less sharp angles make it look sleeker and more attractive and actually better proportioned to the chassis. 

• Thanks 1

I think that will be my plan. A TBG Vanquish body to restore my original and an 2001 body to convert my one re-re Egress I had planned to run but haven't due to spares.

• Like 2

Tamiya are releasing clear  vanquish vqs shells as an option part. They will be available shortly after kits are released . 

• Like 3

I got one today 😀

it’s coming from RC Jazz, I have two sets of high caps and  a team blue groove Avante 2001 shell and mci decals coming too, no real plan as yet but I do have two Avante 2001’s, might be fun to mix things around a bit.

2 hours ago, Superluminal said:

Manual is up. At least it has ball bearings.

I find it funny that Tamiya released a special set of Hi-Cap dampers for the VQS and the manual lists the 53926 DF03 dampers as the hop up damper option!

• Haha 2