GTodd

Clod CPE 4 link help please .

Hey gang I jumped on the Black Special clod as it's AMAZING. I added (2) sets of Hicaps and it transformed it from a floppy toy truck to a sure footed monster truck. Decided I'd try the 4 link kit from CPE with their shock mounts as I wanted to keep twin shocks. 

Post install.i can't get the axles centered .  It appears this is due to the shock mounts and the other problem is one of the 4 link rods are fouling on the axles. 

Anyone get this kit to work? I got the extended wheel base version. 

I could also not get this kit to work.I have some CPE products but I don’t recommend them as they have no directions and ZERO customer support in my experience. Multiple unanswered phone calls and emails, but were quick to take my money. I was sold, what was supposed to be a complete clod axle kit, but it was missing multiple pieces and even had VERY used and beat up gear cases and again no response to phone calls or emails. Not impressed or recommend.

This is pretty common with the CPE kits, but easily fixable.  Usually just takes some messing around or spacers.  I have a few 4-linked Clods and you always have to fight with it a bit, but once done it works great.  Are you using the axle tube mounts for both links or mounting the uppers on top of the axle?  If so which mount?  Are you sure you have the uppers/lowers in the right spot?

Post some pictures of your setup and the problem areas and we'll get it sorted out.