toyolien

Foam Inserts for Lunchbox size Tires

Looking for recommendations for some good foam inserts as I'm trying to finish up my Konghead.

I have used these in the past, but find them a little too soft.:

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/schumacher-1-10th-truck-2-2-foam-tyre-insert-soft-/rc-car-products/16890

I really like the Proline 6194-00 dual stage truck foams in my Lunchbox but they're long discontinued.

Has anyone tried the Proline closed cell truck foams in Lunchbox tires?

https://www.modelsport.co.uk/pro-line-1-10th-truck-closed-cell-inserts-2-/rc-car-products/359771

Pro-Line 1/10th Truck Closed Cell Inserts (2) PL6192-01

• Like 1

How odd. I know Martin from rcbitz and hadn't even thought about those. Thank you. I'll get some ordered. How are they in the wet?

• Like 1

I'm a big fan of Crawler Innovation's CWR-3013 foams, but sadly they, like the Prolines, have been discontinued. Thanks for the recommendation @•Axle

• Like 1

3 hours ago, toyolien said:

How odd. I know Martin from rcbitz and hadn't even thought about those. Thank you. I'll get some ordered. How are they in the wet?

I’ve driven back from the park and walks a few times in the wet, it’s hard to tell really because of what the car is. Up hill it’s brilliant, with a 3300kv and short squirts of the throttle I’m getting up quite steep inclines without backwards rolling and grips really well with the big Vs.

Ordered from RCBitz. I'll see how they go. I really like the Proline closed cell inserts, but at nearly 40 quid for 6, I'm not sure I can justify it. We'll see.