Gingerlips

parts flaw in subaru brat front uprights

Hi there I'm new to site. I'm just getting back into rc cars again and I bought the cool looking subaru brat. But I'm kind of regretting buying this model as I'm having major problems with the front uprights. They keep separating and th wheels fall off. I've bought two sets already and I've got a third ready to put on. I was just wondering it there was an upgraded part or a single piece part to replace it with. As this problem is getting me annoyed now.  Please see picture this is the same on both sides happened at the same time both fell off and it rolled to a stop.... Any ides would be excellent thanks in advance..... 

15961425770703438916763108713152.jpg

You could try JB Weld as a 'glue'  (it's a 2-part metal paste)
It's not a new problem :(

More here

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TWINSET said:

You could try JB Weld as a 'glue'  (it's a 2-part metal paste)
It's not a new problem :(

More here

Thanks for advise..... I'll get some straight away. Would you suggest roughing the outside up and spreading a small amount around the outside or just a small ball of it in the shaft.... I'm thinking a small amount round the outside. After a bit of keying up for it to grip to. 

• Like 1

That's a common fail in the new version. I've yet to see that happening with the original part.

I fixed mine with Araldite (2-part epoxy).  Clean up the hole and the splines, shouldn't need much roughing as the splines will grip the epoxy.  IIRC I just spread a bit inside the hole and then pushed in the axle.

Remember to clean off any excess on the machined axle shaft before it dries, or your bearings won't go back on.

As has been said, this is a very common problem with the re-re and a shame Tamiya didn't address it with an updated part :(

I have not experienced that (yet) but do have a question on how part C11 fits in the rear wheels.  It feels a bit sloppy with too much play. Anyone have thoughts?

20200929_192603.jpg

You can use washers for that.  But you have to see carefully how it will affect the dog bone.  

Just watch out for the room for the dog bone.  Binding is bad, so is falling out.    

YvofWAZ.jpg

Built this for my granddaughter and while it's fun it certainly doesn't have a sturdy feel like my buggies. 

20201022_125122.jpg

Yeah it's not the best I was a bit dissapointed in it to tell you the truth... Looks the business but it's very fragile... Specially the front hubs..... My sons lunchbox is great he's bashed that about and not a single problem....