Mokei Kagaku

Impressive heavily modifed Frog

Many of you have surely seen the modified Frog Grahoo built some years ago. I can't judge whether this one is even better, but it's indeed worth seeing. The Grasshopper isn't bad either! Scroll the whole page as the photos and videos are spread on many posts:

https://twitter.com/moonprism_power

EcsHOMTUEAIG3a3.jpg

EcsQzVmUYAA4XJq.jpg

EeLxsNkVAAAJgjy.jpg

Ea9VvayU0AA1qrn.jpg

Ed3D_qfUcAAYoT2f.jpg

EdMHc1rU4AIGnd2.jpg

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

I should remember not follow your links...  it makes my wallet itch...

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Gazzalene said:

Very good work BUT is it still a Frog?

As much as I admire the talent, skills and taste of the creator, I'm not sure I think the answer is yes. To really be a Frog, it needs to have frog legs......eh.....(rear) trailing arms.

• Haha 3

Grahoos conversions are upper cool. What I like about them is, that he uses a lot of Tamiya serial parts in a different way, combined with some custom carbon sheets and some other stuff. But he never really goes above the point for me, where it´s not the original car anymore. It seems, the Frog chassis is completely stock.

For sure, this a very special class of mods, but who wouldn´t want to drive such a beast on the track and compare to the original. 

I´m still trying to find out, how the Frog motor also comes more in the middle of the chassis, without taking the space for the pinion.

Just speechless!

Hats off to him again...

• Like 4

Well that is an awesome build and yes, its still a Frog. Same chassis, same gearbox, same general layout. I like the way he incorporated the other Tamiya bits. The carbon fiber looks amazing.

• Like 3

Wow! This is pure engineering work! Nice looking Frog!

29 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

I can not figure out how that front suspension works. 

It's an IFS system (Inboard Front Suspension). Same suspension system found on kits like the FF-03, TB-03/04, TA-05, TC-01.

• Like 2

Baring the wheels & tyres, they're awesome!!

Love the way they've dropped the COG by lowering the motor ,nice work.

• Like 2

The most astonishing thing (to me) is how possible it would be for Tamiya to actually make this as an updated Frog.  Replace the carbon fiber parts with plastic and include CVA dampers.  Make the tie rod brackets and shock mount cantilevers out of plastic as well and include standard black steel turnbuckles..  call it the Mad Frog or Horned Toad and sell it like hot cakes.

Bonus: (admittedly for my own greed) include chrome plated ORV chassis plates again as a hop up option along with the carbon and blue alloy stuff..  I promise I'll buy at least two kits and not charge any royalties for my ideas..:rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wow, they both look amazing, I don't even care whether it's still a Frog (or indeed whether the Grasshopper is still a Grasshopper) they're both beautifully executed (to my eyes at least!) Thanks for sharing :wub:

• Like 2

On 8/11/2020 at 12:37 AM, Killajb said:

The most astonishing thing (to me) is how possible it would be for Tamiya to actually make this as an updated Frog.  Replace the carbon fiber parts with plastic and include CVA dampers.  Make the tie rod brackets and shock mount cantilevers out of plastic as well and include standard black steel turnbuckles..  call it the Mad Frog or Horned Toad and sell it like hot cakes.

Bonus: (admittedly for my own greed) include chrome plated ORV chassis plates again as a hop up option along with the carbon and blue alloy stuff..  I promise I'll buy at least two kits and not charge any royalties for my ideas..:rolleyes:

Also, they could create a crazy new body that fits the chassis like a glove that gives more protection from dirt. With the rear shocks and high motor, there's some opportunity there for some nutty 80s air scoops and wings/spoilers.

• Like 1

Absolutely MIND BLOWING!!! They're STILL Frog and Hornet.... Barely!! 😳😊👍👍  That is absolute Craftsmanship and Creativity. And they're not just knackered and Bodged, they WORK.

• Like 1

The lowered motor position in the Mighty Frog seems a good idea, but IMO he should have done rear motor conversion for more grip.

Grasshopper conversion is awesome.