Sign in to follow this  
Lee76

Things you find...

During a clear-out of the parental units loft, I found this (see pic) I knew instantly what it was from.. No Idea what happened to the rest of the toy but made me think, there must be someone on here that collects these and might have need of a missing part. So trophy to the first person to identify the toy and if anyone want’s it or knows who might let me know! If there are no takers I’ll send it off to one of the collectibles websites for spares. 

3E3D068F-C4AB-4E6F-BCC7-CE18E13FC5C7.jpeg

1 hour ago, SupraChrgd82 said:

It looks like a gun from an 80's Transformer toy...am I close?

Yep, it’s one of the less well known ones though.

1 hour ago, FoxShot said:

One of these???

I thought this game died :) right genre, right year by the looks of things, wrong models though. Is that your original set? I always wanted those ones..

1 hour ago, FoxShot said:

One of these???

Nice! (With packaging too, no less!) While the original Optimus used plug-in fist lit the one @Lee76 posted, they are blue and his laser rifle is a separate piece and black. Starscream's fist slip over his arms not into them and Soundwave's fist retract.

1 minute ago, Saito2 said:

This is from Wheeljack.

You are correct. Well played sir, you have my respect and a trophy for your trouble.

421B62B4-9A01-4EA2-87C7-97EB66C01305.jpeg

Now.. any takers for the gun and hand? The gun is removable, in case that helps anyone...

On 8/1/2020 at 7:17 AM, Lee76 said:

During a clear-out of the parental units loft, I found this (see pic) I knew instantly what it was from.. No Idea what happened to the rest of the toy but made me think, there must be someone on here that collects these and might have need of a missing part. So trophy to the first person to identify the toy and if anyone want’s it or knows who might let me know! If there are no takers I’ll send it off to one of the collectibles websites for spares. 

3E3D068F-C4AB-4E6F-BCC7-CE18E13FC5C7.jpeg

Its Grapple! I was thinking of the first releases from season one. But I'm pretty sure its from Grapple.  It could also be from Inferno too I think since they shared molds

7 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Trailbreaker had a plug in fist like Optimus

Not this time...

4 minutes ago, Saito2 said:

Its Grapple! I was thinking of the first releases from season one. But I'm pretty sure its from Grapple.  It could also be from Inferno too I think since they shared molds

So which one are you going for? It’s a 50/50

Just now, Lee76 said:

So which one are you going for? It’s a 50/50

lol, no way of telling really, I'll guess Inferno since that's the variant I have. Like you said 50/50 shot ;).

• Thanks 1

Just now, Saito2 said:

lol, no way of telling really, I'll guess Inferno since that's the variant I have. Like you said 50/50 shot ;).

Well done. You picked right!

7CBE0F07-18C8-4655-AB89-9854A7615EF0.jpeg

I found so many pics of these without weapons/hands I thought someone somewhere must want them.. It’s just finding a way to get them to someone that wants them.

65220F92-C464-4F31-85AF-626BE3D70589.jpeg

Just now, Lee76 said:

I found so many pics of these without weapons/hands I thought someone somewhere must want them.. It’s just finding a way to get them to someone that wants them

I know! I hated removable fist as a kid. I often left them in my toy cabinet just so I didn't lose them (Although Prime's tucked nicely in his cab in truck form).

1 minute ago, Saito2 said:

I know! I hated removable fist as a kid. I often left them in my toy cabinet just so I didn't lose them (Although Prime's tucked nicely in his cab in truck form).

Well... if you ever need a spare you know where to come! Thanks for playing :) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lee76 said:

I thought this game died :) right genre, right year by the looks of things, wrong models though. Is that your original set? I always wanted those ones..

They were actually my younger brothers. I am 8 years older than him. The stereo is also period correct. And still in use :)

Those pictures are 14 years old! My kids grown up now, 27 & 23, and my daughter has a 3 year old! :o

Gramps :)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, FoxShot said:

They were actually my younger brothers. I am 8 years older than him. The stereo is also period correct. And still in use :)

Those pictures are 14 years old! My kids grown up now, 27 & 23, and my daughter has a 3 year old! :o

Gramps :)

I did spot and appreciate the stereo. Have you taught the kids how to rewind a cassette tape with a pencil yet? Important life skill there...

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lee76 said:

I did spot and appreciate the stereo. Have you taught the kids how to rewind a cassette tape with a pencil yet? Important life skill there...

Not yet. I have just taught them how to adjust the speed correctly on a Goldring Lenco GL75 Turntable that can play everything from 16's to 78's. 

All 4 speeds can be set individually, and need a strobe light. Only use 33 & 45 though.

I might bypass the Video 2000 system that is currently in the Parents loft though, and go straight on to cassettes as they remember that and don't use it. One car still has a cassette player head unit though. Not decided on the path of retro education. :D

i drive Rover 800's, so they are used to cool retro stuff

On 8/20/2020 at 10:29 AM, FoxShot said:

i drive Rover 800's, so they are used to cool retro stuff

Alan?