Hage C

1/14 Tractor Truck Antenna Option Part Upgrade

Hi

Just wonder if anyone has antenna upgrade on your 1/14 Tractor Truck? Or don't use antenna at all? I found these 2 antenna but have no idea what's the difference. And no idea how it looks like after installed...

ITEM# 56507
RC TELESCOPIC ANTENNA
https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/tractor-truck-option-parts/rc-telescopic-antenna/

ITEM# 56555
RC METAL DISPLAY ANTENNA SET
https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/tractor-truck-option-parts/rc-metal-display-antenna-set/

Thanks!

According to the description, the first one can replace the receiver antenna which not so much needed in times of 2.4 GHz. The second one is just for the look.

The telescopic one is bigger and longer even when collapsed  , the 2nd is more scale, see picture below

d1.jpg

The truck I have is Actros 1851. According to the manual, the antenna will be installed at a different location. Maybe those antenna won't fit?

antenna.png

4 hours ago, Hage C said:

The truck I have is Actros 1851. According to the manual, the antenna will be installed at a different location. Maybe those antenna won't fit?

antenna.png

You can always put it in different location, below is the telescopic one on Mercedes, Mounted on the side and other mounted on the roof which is more common. They all fit on any Tamiya 1/14 trucks. It’s an upgrade. You decide where and drill a small hole on the body and wire accordingly.

42F2B1E5-EA77-43EA-8AAC-2A18A5ECE323.jpeg

A5F6BBE2-60B9-493B-8240-9338E36AD1B6.jpeg

Ok. I see! I found a real truck pic and their antenna locations. I think I better not to use antenna because Tamiya one seems not proportion to the real thing. Thanks!

1851.png

if your running 2.4ghz radio gear - i.e. any modern radio set. The antennae will be internal to the truck body as it will only be around 2-4 inches long so you can put whatever aftermarket scale antennae on the outside. The manual that you link to is/was designed / printed when 27mhz was all land based vehicles had, and these came with 12-18 inch antennae and needed those long antennae tubes.  

23 hours ago, hedge said:

if your running 2.4ghz radio gear - i.e. any modern radio set. The antennae will be internal to the truck body as it will only be around 2-4 inches long so you can put whatever aftermarket scale antennae on the outside. The manual that you link to is/was designed / printed when 27mhz was all land based vehicles had, and these came with 12-18 inch antennae and needed those long antennae tubes.  

What antenna do you use? I prefer not to use antenna for the truck. Thanks!

you dont need a seperate antenna just follow the kit instructions  the 2.4 g system only has a small aerial lead so it can be hidden in the cab the kit will provide a clear aerial lead tube to use

22 hours ago, topforcein said:

you dont need a seperate antenna just follow the kit instructions  the 2.4 g system only has a small aerial lead so it can be hidden in the cab the kit will provide a clear aerial lead tube to use

The manual doesn't provide much detail info about the antenna even the MFC-01 manual. I think I will just hide the antenna / receiver cable inside the truck.