wintersdawn

Help with Receiver, Servo, ESC Set-up

Hi, could anyone advise whether the following equipment should work ok together?:

Acoms Techniplus AP-202 Handset with Band 6 27.255 MHZ crystals for handset and receiver

Acoms AR-2/27 Receiver

Acoms AS-16 Servo 

Tamiya TBLE-02 ESC

To be fitted/used in a new kit, possibly the Tamiya Rising Fighter.  In 2011 I built the Lunchbox but had a break for a few years and just getting back into the hobby and a bit rusty.

Many thanks

1 minute ago, Duvetdo said:

Yes, will work fine. Use the same set up myself. 

That's great news, thank you!  Was a bit concerned that the ESC was much newer than the rest so glad all ok.

I'm sure I've missed something but the leads coming off the Tamiya TBLE-02 ESC doesn't seem to have the battery lead to the receiver, just the lead for channel 2?

Previously I had the Tamiya TEU-101BK, which had the extra battery lead to power the receiver as well as the channel 2 lead.  

Thanks again

45057_large_annotated.jpg

34 minutes ago, wintersdawn said:

I'm sure I've missed something but the leads coming off the Tamiya TBLE-02 ESC doesn't seem to have the battery lead to the receiver, just the lead for channel 2?

Previously I had the Tamiya TEU-101BK, which had the extra battery lead to power the receiver as well as the channel 2 lead.  

Thanks again

45057_large_annotated.jpg

It's ok, the battery socket in the receiver isn't used. 

Thanks, but how then does the Receiver get its power?  Do I have to use a separate battery pack to power it?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, DeadMeat666 said:

It gets its power through the esc from the channel 2 plug.

Thanks, would this also work if using the old Acoms AR-2/27 Receiver?

4 minutes ago, wintersdawn said:

Thanks, would this also work if using the old Acoms AR-2/27 Receiver?

If I'm not mistaken, the TBLE02S  has an internal BEC, so the voltage is within the safe range for the receiver, which is probably expecting 6.0v. Why not try and see if it works?

Thanks.  I have everything on my list at the start of this thread, except the ESC and seeing the absence of the battery lead on the TBLE02 got me wondering how the receiver would get its power.  Alternatively I could get the TEU-101BK which I used on my previous build that has the battery lead and I successfully used it with the AR-2/27 receiver, AP-202 handset and an acoms servo (not sure which one).