xzenonuk

dads pumpkin and my lunchie

heya, added oil shocks to my lunchie earlier and put in a pair of cheapo led's  on the front, we have been in the garden with both bashing about together and sometimes into each other lol

we are really happy with how they are going and we both love the maddish handling  :D

front led's only cost 2.50 quid and slotted straight in, just using channel 3 on the receiver for power.

vbczIMo.jpg

both together and bought dad a pair of the led's as well.

mnpYlRR.jpg

little 24 scale losi sct with a 2s lipo on top of mr lunchie and yep i drove him off from there a few times.

4vwmBMK.jpg

vid of dads shiny pumpkin in the back garden  :)

• Like 6

Did you get Tamiya Oil Dampers or aftermarket ? 
I’ve got a Metallic Pumpkin like the one in the video there coming to me soon, just got a sweet deal on the EBay. I already have ball bearings and a Tamiya stock pack sized Lipo on the way. I figure oil shocks and the Ampro axle brace will be the next mods ( though I do think I might fancy some lights too ) 

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 10:06 PM, xzenonuk said:

aww no one likey them :(  i knew i should of painted it pink lol

I like em! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dakratfink said:

Did you get Tamiya Oil Dampers or aftermarket ? 
I’ve got a Metallic Pumpkin like the one in the video there coming to me soon, just got a sweet deal on the EBay. I already have ball bearings and a Tamiya stock pack sized Lipo on the way. I figure oil shocks and the Ampro axle brace will be the next mods ( though I do think I might fancy some lights too ) 

these are the lights we are using for the front https://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-white-headlights-pair-/rc-car-products/368699

we are both using these shocks https://www.modelsport.co.uk/fastrax-1-10th-75mm-aluminium-adjustable-shocks-2-/rc-car-products/17176

the shocks seem to work well enough but they don't come with any shock oil and the lights just plug into channel 3 on my receiver  :)

have fun with your new pumpkin :D

Hi there, I've just bought the same shocks for my original lunch box, though not entirely sure how to fit them, particularly to the rear ball connectors. May I ask how you did it?

Many thanks!

You need metal U brackets for the top and the lower ends bolt into the plastic parts where the original damper fits , you need to remove the original brass ball as the dampers have a swivel ball fitted into them already . You will probably need to buy some hardware if you don't already have it , like bolts , brackets etc

8 hours ago, KEV THE REV said:

You need metal U brackets for the top and the lower ends bolt into the plastic parts where the original damper fits , you need to remove the original brass ball as the dampers have a swivel ball fitted into them already . You will probably need to buy some hardware if you don't already have it , like bolts , brackets etc

Thanks for the info. Just to be clear, the ball connector on the axle should be removed and I should bolt through the swivel ball in the damper? Just asking as I've seen a few videos where the swivel ball was removed from the damper, and it looked quite tricky to do. Thanks again.

yeh i kept the swivel on the shock and removed the brass ball, i just put a bolt right through and a nut on the end to keep it secure, the kit should come with 4 of the u brackets for the tops :)

new vid of dads pumpkin in the wet.

for the top u brackets just put a screw/bolt through from the bottom and you can put a nut on the other end to hold it  :)

Fe2eRUg.jpg

oh edit as you can see in the pic im using random washers as well on the top :)

should be 4 of these in the kit https://www.modelsport.co.uk/tamiya-spring-mount-lunch-box-2-/rc-car-products/31566

that is the top mounts, same bag as the wheelie bar is in :)

edit 2 : here is how a top shock mount looks but that one is on a 5th shock mod :)

QDcD7jG.jpg

• Like 1

That's really useful, thanks for all the info! Managed to find four u brackets in my limited spares (my kit is now over 30yrs old), so that's a start, will have to source some extra bolts and wotnot.

Love the vid, not sure I'm quite up for chucking it through the mud though! 😄

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Holtzclaw said:

That's really useful, thanks for all the info! Managed to find four u brackets in my limited spares (my kit is now over 30yrs old), so that's a start, will have to source some extra bolts and wotnot.

Love the vid, not sure I'm quite up for chucking it through the mud though! 😄

hehe glad to help and aye i wouldnt go chucking a stock one through the wet like that, water proof servo and esc and receiver in a wee tub is what we done :)