Tony Sutton

Lack of Tamiya parts

1 hour ago, Jontea said:

Sounds a reasonable way to proceed, not that they have much choice, but at least their customers know where they stand.

This second wave of covid has made me rethink my build schedule, just ordered another kit, UK based, so delivery should be rather painless (famous last words).

Yeah I want at least 3 NIB kits at home this winter to build. Probably end up with 4-5  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, A-Baum said:

Yeah I want at least 3 NIB kits at home this winter to build. Probably end up with 4-5  

If we get another lockdown, you may need more than that, unless you're a key worker.

9 minutes ago, Jontea said:

If we get another lockdown, you may need more than that, unless you're a key worker.

Luckily I can work from home. But I am currently battling my better half over what to stockpile. She wants to stockpile rational things like canned food, dried foods and paper products. I want to stockpile kits.  

1 minute ago, A-Baum said:

Luckily I can work from home. But I am currently battling my better half over what to stockpile. She wants to stockpile rational things like canned food, dried foods and paper products. I want to stockpile kits.  

Stockpile both? ;)

2 hours ago, Saito2 said:

I feel for you. RCMart has pulled this on me several times. They won't get my business.

And while I'm on the modelsport bashing I also noticed that the free p&p was always over £99 now its £199 but that could be the hopeless dpd they use cashing in (sorry supply and demand) on the fact everyone was ordering on line when we where locked down! But that's the UK at it's best ripping people off in everyone's hour of need (hand sanitiser, bog roll, flour, etc etc remember!) 

12 hours ago, moffman said:

And while I'm on the modelsport bashing I also noticed that the free p&p was always over £99 now its £199 but that could be the hopeless dpd they use cashing in (sorry supply and demand) on the fact everyone was ordering on line when we where locked down! But that's the UK at it's best ripping people off in everyone's hour of need (hand sanitiser, bog roll, flour, etc etc remember!) 

You do have to remember though that many companies are doing all they can just to survive.  If modelsport dont have as much stock/can’t get resupply, their sales will be down, but their overheads remain.  So they have to look at maximising profit on every sale.  So if they add a few % on post and packing it all helps.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ChrisHGTV said:

You do have to remember though that many companies are doing all they can just to survive.  If modelsport dont have as much stock/can’t get resupply, their sales will be down, but their overheads remain.  So they have to look at maximising profit on every sale.  So if they add a few % on post and packing it all helps.

Yeah suppose your right! I'm just hacked off so I'm just venting my spleen! i just assumed (never assume is the moral) that hop up option wheels would automatically come in packs of four why would you just buy two? And the fact that nobody has got back to me! 

2 hours ago, moffman said:

i just assumed (never assume is the moral) that hop up option wheels would automatically come in packs of four why would you just buy two?

On a 2wd car you will go through rear tires much quicker than fronts. If they were in sets of 4 you would end up with a bunch of extra pairs of front wheels. That's my guess anyway. I could be totally wrong.

37 minutes ago, Biz73 said:

On a 2wd car you will go through rear tires much quicker than fronts. If they were in sets of 4 you would end up with a bunch of extra pairs of front wheels. That's my guess anyway. I could be totally wrong.

Yeah I did think that myself but the 2wd kyosho rc's don't use the same rims as the turbo optima they are a hop up for the optima maybe putting them in single pairs gives people an option? But I can't see what you would use on the front of 2wd buggies?

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 4:20 PM, Tony Sutton said:

That's the one, thanks. But interesting to see it's now back in stock. Was out of stock last time I checked. I'm still on 'back order' with Modelsport for this part for the past 3 weeks. They only have dispatched the Mad Bull Body today, which has the same lead time as this wheel hub but they dispatched the body only. :( 

£4.50 delivery from Wonderlandmodels for £3.50 very small part tho. Could have easily used 1st class Large stamp and padded envelope for this which is about £1.70 to £2. I'll have a look for the rest of their website to see what else I can order to justify their high P&P costs.

I might have some of the splined hexes you are talking about as I parted out a Mad Bull several years ago. Need to check my 'stock' in the loft though. If I have got them I can definetly get them to you for less than £8.

3 minutes ago, MadInventor said:

I might have some of the splined hexes you are talking about as I parted out a Mad Bull several years ago. Need to check my 'stock' in the loft though. If I have got them I can definetly get them to you for less than £8.

Modelsport informed me they should be getting their next delivery tomorrow (Wed) for Tamiya parts and they're hoping my order is in there. But if not then will get back to you. But if you can find it, that would be good. Is it new or used?

1 hour ago, Tony Sutton said:

Modelsport informed me they should be getting their next delivery tomorrow (Wed) for Tamiya parts and they're hoping my order is in there. But if not then will get back to you. But if you can find it, that would be good. Is it new or used?

Used, but I think I have 2, if so you can have the best one (or both if you wish). I've still got a Mad Bull, so would check that the splines are ok and fit on a new axle alright before passing them on. I should be able to try and find them tomorrow.

Nice that the owner placed such a message.  Can’t say so much for the managing director of TamiyaUSA. He has not been heard from since Covid started.