Sign in to follow this  
Jmo77

Transmitter for ‘88 Supershot

I just got a 1988 Supershot. I need a transmitter. Can I get a new one a swap out the old receiver?

• Like 1

Yes you can put in a new receiver and transmitter, that is modern. Put in a modern esc too, and a decent motor, if it still has the old Technipower but in decent condition you can still use that, I did, you can buy new brushes for it and replace them in the motor, and can even run it on a Lipo 2s it will be pretty fast.

• Like 1

Thanks! I’m going to shelf the motor, body and wheels. What motor would you recommend?

• Like 1

What motor to get will depend on what ESC you get and how confident a driver you are! Personally, I would go with a tamiya sport tuned and a hobbywing 1060 esc. The sport tuned is a relatively mild tuned brush motor, just to ease yourself into the swing of things. That esc would be capable of handling motors down to 12 turns (lower turn = faster motor). Sport tuned are around 23 turns (although there is debate about this), so the 1060 would leave plenty of headroom to upgrade later. That esc is around 20 quid and the motor around 30. 

On 8/6/2020 at 2:13 AM, Jmo77 said:

Perfect thanks for the help!

Yep as Silver said Sport Tunes is good for it, also the Tamiya Super Stock motors are great for it.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, kasparov said:

Yep as Silver said Sport Tunes is good for it, also the Tamiya Super Stock motors are great for it.

Good shout with the super stock too. I had the BZ in my re re hotshot and that thing shifted. Plus it looked really nice - something that I miss with brushless. In comparison, they look a bit...bland compared to their brushed brethren imho.